ParkControl Pro 1.3.1.4

Started by doze, May 16, 2019, 08:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doze

Idle machine switches from Bitsum Highest Performance to Power saver after x amount of time. Right away it switches right back to Bitsum Highest Performance.  Anyone else experiencing this?

edkiefer

Quote from: doze on May 16, 2019, 08:28:52 AM
Idle machine switches from Bitsum Highest Performance to Power saver after x amount of time. Right away it switches right back to Bitsum Highest Performance.  Anyone else experiencing this?
Check for any background activity, sometimes networking will wake system to.
Bitsum QA Engineer

doze

Makes sense.   I don't suppose there is a way to set a timer for switching up to high performance from a lower mode, much like the time of idle before switching down but in reverse.  Or even based on load or something.  While the machine is live, if I've left it for the evening, it usually is just little things like email checking or something that would be running.  Maybe too much fantasy.   

edkiefer

Quote from: doze on May 17, 2019, 10:15:17 PM
Makes sense.   I don't suppose there is a way to set a timer for switching up to high performance from a lower mode, much like the time of idle before switching down but in reverse.  Or even based on load or something.  While the machine is live, if I've left it for the evening, it usually is just little things like email checking or something that would be running.  Maybe too much fantasy.
no, nothing like that currently but on your original question, the system should go back to idle power plan even if something woke it up after this task ends.
It could also be a process but generally, that would be HP power plan.
Oh, are you using Processlasso and ParkControl together?
Bitsum QA Engineer

doze

Yes, I have both Process Lasso and Park Control Pro running.  Right now I have turned off the Bitsum Dynamic Boost enabled, and using Process Lasso's IdleSaver to change states, haven't had time to observe behaviour enough yet.