Process Lasso failing to apply restraints on terminal server

Started by Xicon, May 09, 2019, 07:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xicon

I have Process Lasso installed on a Citrix VDA server which is used by approximately 12 users. I have configured it to Run as a Service and to manage ALL processes. I am using the ProBalance Profile with the default settings but have unchecked "ignore all foreground processes" as I want to restrain those also.

As a test I have logged on the server as the Administrator and opened the Process Lasso console, then opened Chrome and ran an online CPU maxing test that is causing one chrome.exe process to have CPU usage of 70-80% consistently. However Process Lasso is not applying an restraints?

To confirm the "Per-process CPU usage when adjustment should begin" is set to 20% and "Total system-wide CPU usage when adjustment should begin" is set to 18%. So surely this heavy chrome process should restrained?

I have attached a screen shot. Thanks

Xicon

I can't find a way to delete this post, it is no longer needed. My apologies.

The problem was the account running the service could not access ALL processes due to not being a local admin on the Citrix server  ::)

edkiefer

Quote from: Xicon on May 09, 2019, 07:52:12 AM
I can't find a way to delete this post, it is no longer needed. My apologies.

The problem was the account running the service could not access ALL processes due to not being a local admin on the Citrix server  ::)
Hi, don't worry about the post, it is better to leave so if others run into the same thing, there are suggested fixes.
Glad you figured it out on your end.
Bitsum QA Engineer