Performance Mode Enabled

Started by noahphense, December 22, 2018, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahphense

Greetings all,

Is there a full description somewhere of what the Performance Mode Enabled in the Main menu does, versus Inducing Performance Mode.

What I have noticed, is that with the main menu Perf Mode Enabled option turned on, I do not get the "g" in the rules column.  For an application that is located in the 'designated as games or multimedia' section.  But when the main menu option is turned off, I get the 'g' in the rules column.

I have been leaving the one in the main menu turned off.  For no other reason than I have no idea what it is doing.  ;)

- np

edkiefer

Quote from: noahphense on December 22, 2018, 01:34:46 PM
Greetings all,

Is there a full description somewhere of what the Performance Mode Enabled in the Main menu does, versus Inducing Performance Mode.

What I have noticed, is that with the main menu Perf Mode Enabled option turned on, I do not get the "g" in the rules column.  For an application that is located in the 'designated as games or multimedia' section.  But when the main menu option is turned off, I get the 'g' in the rules column.

I have been leaving the one in the main menu turned off.  For no other reason than I have no idea what it is doing.  ;)

- np
Hi, As you noticed there really is no difference between the two as far as performance.
Now the main menu one is a global setting, so all processes are using it, were the per process "induce performance mode" will only go into performance mode when that process is running and go back to any default settings when it is closed.

One note on power plans, if you intend to use them, don't use application ones and performance mode setting, you either or with regard to power plan (BHP plan).
Bitsum QA Engineer

noahphense

Hi edkiefer,

Thanks for the confirmation.  I only have 2 power profiles; Bitsums and a custom Power Saver.  Power Saver is only there in the event that I run without AC power.  Which has been once in 3 years.  So switching profiles is not a thing for me.

I am safe then, in leaving the main menu item unchecked, and using the inducing method?

Cheers,

np

edkiefer

Quote from: noahphense on December 22, 2018, 02:54:42 PM
Hi edkiefer,

Thanks for the confirmation.  I only have 2 power profiles; Bitsums and a custom Power Saver.  Power Saver is only there in the event that I run without AC power.  Which has been once in 3 years.  So switching profiles is not a thing for me.

I am safe then, in leaving the main menu item unchecked, and using the inducing method?

Cheers,

np
Yes, preferred method.

Edit: in your specific case, you could just leave BHP as default window's power plan and manually change to power saver when needed.
Bitsum QA Engineer

noahphense

Thanks. That is how I have it now. Bitsum is the only profile I have installed other than Power Saver for when I go to battery.

Thanks for all your help.

np

Globespy

I can't seem to get Process Lasso Pro to open with "Performance Mode Enabled", and I have to apply it most times when I restart my PC.
This is a gaming PC and I don't care about power consumption. I have Bitsum Highest Performance power plan default by using Group Policy editor but can't find any way to force Process Lasso to always open in Performance Mode?
Please help as this is very frustrating.

edkiefer

Quote from: Globespy on December 28, 2018, 12:04:25 PM
I can't seem to get Process Lasso Pro to open with "Performance Mode Enabled", and I have to apply it most times when I restart my PC.
This is a gaming PC and I don't care about power consumption. I have Bitsum Highest Performance power plan default by using Group Policy editor but can't find any way to force Process Lasso to always open in Performance Mode?
Please help as this is very frustrating.
Hi, It should save the Performance mode on mode after closing, rebooting.
Is it still set on in menu (main >performance mode enabled) but wrong power plan?

You can just use performance mode per application (right click on the game in the process list and check the "induce performance mode".

May I ask why you need to use group policy editor for power plan, doesn't it stay to what you set it to?

That should work.

Edit: I forgot to mention don't use application power plan and performance mode on mixed processes, try to use only one type.
If you must use both (which can give PL trouble) use performance mode with BHP power plan ticked off in the option and set it in application power plan list, but again try to use one type.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Globespy

windows kept reverting back to 'balanced' for not apparent reason.
There's only one account on this PC and it's of course the administrator.
So I had to find the GUID# for Bitsum Highest Performance and set it in group policy editor to make it stick.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Globespy on December 28, 2018, 12:04:25 PM

To accomplish this you should right-click on 'processlasso.exe' itself in the process list and select 'Induce Performance Mode'.

That will cause Performance Mode to be induced whenever Process Lasso is opened.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

noahphense

edkiefer

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on December 28, 2018, 03:33:57 PM
To accomplish this you should right-click on 'processlasso.exe' itself in the process list and select 'Induce Performance Mode'.

That will cause Performance Mode to be induced whenever Process Lasso is opened.
That is a good idea, but thinking about it maybe "ProcessGovernor.exe" be a better choice, for those rare users who run GUI manually.
Governor is always running no mater startup settings.
Bitsum QA Engineer