Early alpha preview of RegBench, the Windows Registry Benchmarker

Started by Jeremy Collake, September 20, 2008, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Ever want to know if cleaning or defragmenting your registry really makes a difference in its performance?

RegBench is a small utility that benchmarks your system registry. It outputs to XML and uses a display template to allow for viewing of the results within your web browser. It is a console mode utility, but a GUI front-end will be added if this product turns out to be popular.

I've had this code mostly done for some time now. I decided to put a little polish on it today so that I could release an early alpha version. It is still far from complete, and I particularly need to work on adding more benchmark types and a better XSLT output format. This utility will be FREE for home and academic use.

Here is v0.1 alpha: http://www.bitsum.com/files/regbench.zip

Please, give feedback. If users are interested in this, I will continue development. The code base is very clean and ready to do much more extensive benchmarking.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I updated the code today to fix a bug where the XSL template doesn't get properly copied in some cases, resulting in an inability for the web browser to render the XML in a readable fashion. Note that users can discuss RegBench in the 'Bitsum Labs' board of this forum.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.