Process Lasso not enforcing default CPU affinity for PUBG

Started by Arie, October 25, 2018, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arie

Hi,

I recently bought process lasso to try and "fix" the game PUBG using more cores than it knows how to handle. Whenever that games gets to use more than 10 cores it starts to get real choppy and have a lower average and more inconsistent framerate.
With process lasso I set a default CPU affinity to limit the game to 8 cores and this gets applied properly when I first launch the game (TslGame.exe).

However, it seems the game or something else resets the affinity whenever you load into a match, requiring me to tab out of the game and re-apply the core affinities in process lasso. Process lasso recognizes the game and shows the correct CPU affinities under the "Always" part of the CPU affinity menu, but it doesn't actually enforce these settings for this game.
I've already tried setting "Forced Mode (continuously reapplies settings)" but it did not fix this issue.

Is there anything I can do do to have these core affinities enforced for this game?

edkiefer

Hi, For one, make sure you are on the latest version of PL as there were many fixes to affinity (either 9.0.0.502 or 9.0.0.503beta).
Since you already have set force mode and you see proper "always" and rules affinity setting, it seems PubG is coded that way vers letting OS handle it.

Only thing I can think of is if there is a parent exe, meaning either a launching app for PUBG or even publisher (Origin, Steam, Uplay etc). you can try setting those and it may hold affinity setting better.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Arie

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried also setting the parent processes, to no effect. I've upgraded to v9.0.0.503 BETA x64, but that's also not enforcing the CPU affinity unfortunately.
I've also tried setting a process watchdog (when cpu usage greater than 1% for 1 second, set the affinity to the ones I want) but that doesn't seem to trigger despite the process matching the rules.

goodwin

Some background software like overlays, monitoring tools, or RGB lighting software can interfere with CPU affinity settings. Try closing any such programs before launching PUBG and see if the issue persists.

Make sure you're using the latest versions of both Process Lasso and PUBG. Outdated versions might have compatibility issues.