Performance mode and Probalance behaviour without Bitsum Profile

Started by gnigni keke, October 15, 2018, 05:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnigni keke

^ Title. I need to use Balanced power profile (as it works best with gen 2 Ryzen cpus for single thread boost).
If i want a game to not get restrained from probalance do i still need to use "exclude from probalance" function or just enabling performance mode is better? (I have disabled the use of Bitsum power profile when enabling performance mode for the reason stated above)

edkiefer

Quote from: gnigni keke on October 15, 2018, 05:36:06 PM
^ Title. I need to use Balanced power profile (as it works best with gen 2 Ryzen cpus for single thread boost).
If i want a game to not get restrained from probalance do i still need to use "exclude from probalance" function or just enabling performance mode is better? (I have disabled the use of Bitsum power profile when enabling performance mode for the reason stated above)
Hi there, that is an odd condition, so you are saying in BHP or HP power plan AMD boost is not bursting the same as in balanced power plan.
I don't have here Ryzen to test here but what I have read only thing is if you are thermally constrained.

Anyway, there no reason to exclude your game process as by default foreground process are excluded.
All you need to do is set up your game to performance mode and untick the BHP power plan in the menu.

Your good to go then.

PS: here some info on AMD boost for 2xxx.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/04/30/amd_precision_boost_2_wraith_prism_deep_dive/1
Bitsum QA Engineer