Process Lasso make my computer crash!

Started by airborne, April 30, 2011, 04:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airborne

I have problem with process lasso locking my computer on boot. The icon appears and locks my computer.
A hard reboot is required to make it work again.

Jeremy Collake

Did you create any process rules before this started happening? A 'bad' or problematic rule, like disallowing a system process, is about the only thing that could make your computer crash (at least within Process Lasso). The best thing to do is boot to Safe Mode and uninstall Process Lasso, or delete the INI file in your user AppData directory (subdirectory ProcessLasso).

If you simply mean a crash in the Process Lasso application, then that may be a known bug being discussed in another topic.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

airborne

Hello!

I have all settings as standard. It doesn't happen on every boot but very often. Process Lasso starts and my computer locks,
being unresponsive. ctrl-alt-delete doesn't help. The only thing is to reset the computer. Never had this problem before,
started when installing Process Lasso. I also have Nis 2011. It seems to be some problem here.

Jeremy Collake

I'd recommend uninstalling Process Lasso for a while to see if the problem persists or not, that way we can establish a correlation. Sorry to hear of the trouble! I continue to evaluate interoperability with Norton's new DeepGuard. It can potentially cause problems because it (Norton) injects hooks all over the system to monitor for 'suspicious behavior'.

airborne

Yes !

I have seen a problem with Process Lasso and Nis 2011 since installing Process Lasso!
All the logs from Norton blocking Process Lasso. After uninstalling Process Lasso i also
found a lot of hidden reports in the computer from Norton regarding Process lasso.
Also a delay in boot time is noticed the computer stops boot and after a while continue
booting this also never happend before.
The computer seems faster in response time after uninstalling Process Lasso probably
because the incompability with Nis 2011.

airborne

After uninstalling Process Lasso the problem at startup is gone!

DeadHead

Microsoft Security Essentials - free, fast and light on system resources and no problems whatsoever! ;)
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

Jeremy Collake

I completely second deadhead's recommendation. You will not find a faster or better integrated security suite than MS Security Essentials. However, I know some prefer little more flare. I am working on better interoperability with NIS Sonar, but in the meantime I do not recommend running the two together.