Sorting minor issue

Started by Autumner, August 24, 2018, 06:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumner

A minor quibble but here it is: when first opening the Process Lasso window, if you try to click and sort a column containing descriptions (not numbers) like Process name, Application name, Publisher etc. it is first sorted into Z-A, instead of the natural A-Z.

Also, the columns "previous sort state" is remembered so if I first click on Process name (sorts Z-A), then CPU (higher-to-lower makes more sense for numbers) and then again Process name, it will now sort A-Z but the very first sort will always be Z-A.

To be honest, it also seems more logical the "previous sort state" would not be remembered so in the example above, clicking again on Process name (after having clicked on another category) would always sort A-Z first.

Hope this wasn't too confusing.

Jeremy Collake

Got it ;). I will work on cleaning this up!

Thanks
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Autumner

I'll renew my sorting request here, and wish you a Happy New Year!

Jeremy Collake

In the next issued beta (559 or later, pending) the last sorted direction for all other columns is reset when you sort.

So if you click to sort by column C, a previous sort of column A won't be remembered, so the initial sort direction will seem more predictable.

I believe this will address most of the complaints here. Please let me know your experience when the beta is issued.

Jeremy Collake

Sort direction indicators also, belatedly, added as of 561.

Autumner

Thank you for the additions. I don't know if something was changed in that area, but column sorting still behaves the same (Z-A takes priority over A-Z on the first click, v.574).

Jeremy Collake

The desirability of a descending sort on the first click of a previously unsorted column seems to depend on whether it is an alphabetic or numeric; at least if we go by what the Task Manager does. I am not sure I want to muck with this further, but I will consider it!