Error retrieving the process name. This is probably due to insufficient access..

Started by sublimynal, March 24, 2018, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublimynal

Hello

I am having difficulty getting a specific game to to be recognized by performance(gaming) mode. I have had no trouble with any other game but when I try to add it to the list of programs I receive this message "Error retrieving the process name.  This is probably due to insufficient access rights or perhaps the process has already terminated." and adding it from the file path does not work either. Please help.

edkiefer

Quote from: sublimynal on March 24, 2018, 01:14:58 PM
Hello

I am having difficulty getting a specific game to to be recognized by performance(gaming) mode. I have had no trouble with any other game but when I try to add it to the list of programs I receive this message "Error retrieving the process name.  This is probably due to insufficient access rights or perhaps the process has already terminated." and adding it from the file path does not work either. Please help.
That error sounds like you tried with the game.exe in the list but it changed maybe.
Some games use two exe and transfer to second.
Here is what I would try, run your game, make sure your in the game and not just menu part.
Alt-tab and note the path and exe name.
Now go to options in PL and then performance mode setting>designate HP process, after the window opens use the path to find exe.
That should work, make sure game is terminated before doing this.

Another method would be to choose to Configure app power profile and do same as above, find the path of exe and add it.
Just don't do both, other than that do you a have limited user rights?
Bitsum QA Engineer

sublimynal

I have tried both to no avail, and I am on a admin profile. It very strange as it shows the game in process lasso but has no details other than CPU % which is active, and no matter which way I put the path in process lasso just doesn't seem to think its the same program, i'm starting to think it might be the game itself or a security feature of the game.

Jeremy Collake

This is something on the radar and improving with each version as I slowly expand support for these protected processes (normally anti-cheat mechanisms). I did not initially write the code to handle these cases of selective access failure, as it is unnatural, so am having to carefully expand each feature. Keep updating is my current guidance ;).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.