Possible to dynamically change CPU affinity when in performance mode?

Started by VeryWittyName, January 02, 2018, 08:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeryWittyName

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask a question like this. I use Process Lasso on my gaming/media server rig, and what I have essentially done is limit Plex and Handbrake to using 8 of the 16 cores on my Ryzen 1700 so that my gaming isn't too adversely affected when either programs are in use. What I was wondering is, is it possible to allow both programs to use all cores when I'm not gaming, and then automatically have the CPU affinities lowered when a game is started and performance mode is activated? Even in performance mode, gaming performance tanks for a bit when the Plex transcoder spikes if all cores are activated, but when I'm not gaming there's no need for any such limits. I know that you can set ProBalance to limit CPU affinity once a certain threshold on -that- program is met; what I'm wondering is if you can do this for a program when ANOTHER program hits that threshold, e.g. "limit CPU affinity of this particular program if another program is activating performance mode"? Thanks in advance.