Server edition v. 9 x beta?

Started by johsgjerde, January 31, 2017, 02:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johsgjerde

Hi there.

I own PL on my servers, and got the update message from beta channel that 9.X was available.
However, when I run the installer it changes from v. 9 at the start of install, then when it says "Appenden to PATH" (or something), the
version number on the bottom of the screen reverts to 8.9.X and no changes are made. Build is from 10th of December 2016.

Is the Process Lasso beta only for Standard Edition, not Server Edition?

Regards Johannes

edkiefer

Just quick question, do you have beta option checked in updates menu?
Bitsum QA Engineer

johsgjerde

Quote from: edkiefer on January 31, 2017, 06:57:58 PM
Just quick question, do you have beta option checked in updates menu?

Yes and I do get the notification. Problem is the update process.

Jeremy Collake

The beta applies to all editions.

Right now there is an update channel bug that may cause you to one-time (or every other upgrade) be reverted to the last v8 final. I will have this fixed shortly, but am still studying it.

To update back to beta, you need to check the 'Updates / Include beta versions' menu item, then Update again.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

johsgjerde

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on February 01, 2017, 05:21:13 AM
The beta applies to all editions.

Right now there is an update channel bug that may cause you to one-time (or every other upgrade) be reverted to the last v8 final. I will have this fixed shortly, but am still studying it.

To update back to beta, you need to check the 'Updates / Include beta versions' menu item, then Update again.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried running the update several times, and uninstalling and installing the beta. However when I start the beta-installer, v. 8 is downloaded, and installation restarts. That is really strange.... No way I can get the v. 9 beta installed....

johsgjerde

I should mention that I am on a WS 2016 core server.

johsgjerde

Any idea as to why I can't update in any way?

johsgjerde

Can you please give me any advice on how to install this beta? For some reason the installer tries to downlad 8.X and won't install 9.X beta.

I would like to try out the latest updates of the software i purchased. ;)

Johannes

edkiefer

Until Jeremy can get here, try this link to exe (I think its server edition, but not sure ). It is latest ver 9, I just have no way to confirm it truly is server right now.

https://bitsum.com/files/server/alpha/processlassosetup64.exe

Edit: A better way is just go to your "my license" section and DL the version.
https://bitsum.com/checkout/purchase-confirmation/purchase-history/
Bitsum QA Engineer

johsgjerde

The first link solved it here aswell. Thanks!

4EverMaAT

Quote from: johsgjerde on February 10, 2017, 04:52:46 AM
The first link solved it here aswell. Thanks!

I had the same problem as reported in the OP (I attempted to update the server edition with beta channel checked and PL reports 9.xx beta) available, but would only install the latest 8.xxx regular version..

I can confirm that https://bitsum.com/files/server/alpha/processlassosetup64.exe solved the problem, now it is 9.0.0.185 beta The product license purchase history page did not have a download link for latest stable and beta versions, which is quite surprising actually.   Hopefully the developer fixes that bug also, as there should be easy download links in purchase history page.

edkiefer

There direct link now on main Dl page.

https://bitsum.com/?#downloads
And under "my License" you should see links to DL PL
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Actually I can confirm this behavior right now. I will work on it and fix it ASAP.

Jeremy Collake

I found the bug. A copy/paste accident in the last release of v8. The v9 branch should not be affected and will function fine.

I have fixed the bug internally in the v8 code, but am unsure when I will issue another v8 build. I do plan one, but have to check it carefully (obviously) and tell the QA guys to take a break from v9 for a bit to be safe.

Jeremy Collake

This 'beta update issue' is fixed in this build I am testing (the last XP build): https://bitsum.com/last-windows-xp2003-compatible-build-of-process-lasso/ .

When complete, it will be the last v8 final.

johsgjerde

I am having an issue with PL Server Edition. When I try to enter my activation key, it says my subscription has changed.

Do I need one separate key for each of my servers? I didn't need that before.

Regards Johannes

edkiefer

I don't have multiple systems but workstation activation is working in last ver 9.0b, I just checked activation.

Maybe try again, sometimes internet gets issues.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Please try again. There was a temporary outage of some types of Gen1 licenses earlier today. If it still doesn't work, contact support@bitsum.com so we can fix you up. Definitely you will need only one key.