Process watchdog / Internet Explorer question

Started by hece, December 16, 2016, 07:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hece

Hello,
a question about the process watchdoq. OS: Terminalserver 2012R2 / IE 11
Sometime IE generates a high cpu load caused through Ads/JavaScript/.../..
So we would like to kill "forgotten" IE processes greater then 10% CPU for 120sec, but its not working. The only result is a reloaded tab.
Same settings but excel.exe instead of IE is working fine.
Can you help us out with this problem? Hint: Kill all IE.exes of the affected user session (not all IEs of the server) would be no problem if this is easier.

Thanks!!

edkiefer

Right, if you notice you have iexplore.exe (main app), then the iexplore.exe[32] is the child, the tab.
It seems watchdog is only terminating the child which reset the tab.

You can do it manually and see same thing in PL GUI, so problem is closing/terminating the top iexplore.exe
Bitsum QA Engineer

hece

Yes, thats the problem. Any suggestions about termination the top IE process?

Thanks!!

edkiefer

The issue has been  noted , give us a little time for the Dev to respond on what's best.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Apologies for the delay, I've been busy with development, then announcement, then even defense against wild conspiracy theories ;).

To answer your question, probably some appendage of functionality will need to occur here. Let me consider this, as I am refactoring the watchdog in a major way for v9, so should be able to work out something.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

hece

Thank you Jeremy. Do you have a aprox realese date of v9?

Hece

Jeremy Collake

Coming up soon. I estimate 30 days to be honest. i wish it were sooner, but that is what I estimate because I have to much to do. In the INTERIM, I back-port a lot of changes and fixes to the v8 branch, so maybe this can be one of them. Once I study it a bit more, it may be a one-line fix, then I will definitely back-port. Right now is the time when things are happening in v9. CPUBalnace is 'past', and after taking some 'punches' by a couple conspiracy theorists, I have survived and am 'on' v9.

Server and email issues slowed us down a good bit (by exhausting me), I must admit. Not our fault either. Sometimes it is a pain to manage my own infrastructure, but worth it in the long-run, trust me.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.