weird update msg

Started by bertie97, August 31, 2016, 04:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertie97

I've just run the updater to 8.9.8.44 & altho it appears to be fine & stated successful I received this odd msg.
Should I panic?   :P

edkiefer

I didn't have any errors messages with that upgrade.

Only thing I can think is if you don't have all MS VC++ redistributable installed.
But then it wouldn't of worked.

I don't know if you need all but i have these installed (both 32 and 64bit versions).
1) 2005
2) 2008
3) 2010
4) 2012
5) 2013
6) 2015

See what Jeremy says.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Well, that certainly is a new one. For text searches, let's type it out: "R6016 - not enough space for thread data".

Now, what this indicates, I would *guess*, is a critical virtual memory situation... OR a vestige from a prior beta.

If not that, I just thought of a way this maybe is something you could see, so let me look into it. I will check it!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

My theory didn't pan out, but I did have a report of another weird update issue, but it succeeded OK.

Are you using any security software? Any of that newish anti-ransomware stuff?

Thanks so much

bertie97

Thanks for the replies.

I do have the VC++ packages installed & up to date AFAIK.  I sometimes need these for the *very rare* gaming sessions ;)
I am using Comodo CIS.   
Normally whenever the PL updater comes up I run a CCleaner instance & turn off the CIS sandbox, before hitting 'update' to avoid any mess/interference.
In this case I had shut everything down, & cleaned up ready to power down the machine, & the updater came up just before I actually hit shutdown.
Technically there shouldn't have been anything much running, certainly nothing that wasn't running on the last update.

As far as I can tell PL is working OK, I've been running it for a few hours now & it seems to be fine.  So a bit weird but relatively uneventful... :)

Jeremy Collake

That is odd and disturbing. We've not had other reports.

Windows Defender had a false positive about that time, but it should be resolved by now. How is it doing now?