Have a lifelong licens and upgraded to 9. beta and now i am confused.

Started by m-v-b, April 04, 2017, 02:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-v-b

Hi guys, i bought my lifelong license many years ago and was always happy with the quality of Process Lasso.

However yesterday Process Lasso updated to 9. Beta.
Now i am greeted with a Process Lasso Pro Bitsum 40% off advertisement

1. Question: Is there now a PRO license that i would now have to buy in order to use all the previous functions of Process Lasso?

Now if i click away the advertisment, i am forced to enter my Key. No Problem.
But when i do i am greeted with a message that says I am using a gen1 license and i need a gen2 license.

2. Question: What is the difference for the licenses and why would i need a gen2 licens

Now when PL starts, in my colum i have only  4 user processes showing and all the windows processes are gone

3. Question: what do i need to do to get my "Old" PL back?

edkiefer

Hi,

This will fix your problems i think.
Go to your license page on site or DL link.
DL 8.9.8.102 (I assume 64bit), now install that and turn off auto update for now so beta don't accidentally get updated.

My guess if you look at about PL in help tab you have 32bit ver 9.0beta but your on 64bit OS, this messes with license.

Once ver 9.0 gets stable you'll be able to use it, If you still have problems I suggest you post them in new forum for support.

https://bitsum.com/community/
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

The page https://bitsum.com/step1/ is designed to migrate your license. If this fails, contact support at support@bitsum.com so we can adjust it manually.

The My Licenses page should give you an archive to all older versions once you log in to our web site (reset your password by using Forgot password, username is your email).

The only reason you need a Gen2 license is because we made a total switch to this new licensing system. It was easier than trying to maintain two licensing systems in-tandem. We had a period of overlap,and now it's time to support only one. The auto-conversion *should* make it easy for most people.

Thanks
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on April 10, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
The page https://bitsum.com/step1/ is designed to migrate your license. If this fails, contact support at support@bitsum.com so we can adjust it manually.

The My Licenses page should give you an archive to all older versions once you log in to our web site (reset your password by using Forgot password, username is your email).

The only reason you need a Gen2 license is because we made a total switch to this new licensing system. It was easier than trying to maintain two licensing systems in-tandem. We had a period of overlap,and now it's time to support only one. The auto-conversion *should* make it easy for most people.

Thanks

I purchased Process Lasso Home several years ago with an extra give away for my son. Now when I go to the new support page I need to go to GEN1 licensing to find my updates(no problem). Do I need to update my subscription and my son's to GEN2 ? If so how do I proceed? The link above?(step1). I only ask to make your licensing scheme work correctly for you.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Rod

Jeremy Collake

I am sorry I missed your question, this was supposed to be the 'old' forum, lol. I need to review your account I suppose to tell you the official numbers. Can you email in at support@bitsum.com so I can ticket it? However, as 'quick fix and move on', you can use the discount code CBD50 for 50% off! At least for now...

Thanks
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

My personal migration has gone through successfully. Thank you Jeremy for your personal attention. :) Next >>> I need to give my son a push to migrate as well.

Jeremy is the BEST!!!!

Rod