Track - Suspended Processes Handling

Started by Jeremy Collake, May 17, 2016, 03:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Windows Task Manager hides suspended processes, which have become a more common site as of Windows 10. The Process Lasso column 'status' indicates whether a process is suspended.

Most suspended processes are natural, but there have been reports of continued listing of 'ghost instances' in Process Lasso. We are investigating.

A change to the way suspended processes is handled (by option) is present in v9 alpha. This thread will track discussion of this issue.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

You mention option ,does something need to be turned on for this to be enabled, I don't see any new options with terminate ?
Alpha build v9.0.0.10
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

No, the default is to ignore these suspended processes, which is the new behavior. The option isn't exposed in the interface yet. It's menu item is disabled.

And v9.0.0.11 is out, where this will matter.

hansdecocq@gmail.com

Hey, I installed your 9.0.0.11 alpha alpha
From an end user perspective, I looks like every is reported correctly.
About  the technical state  I cannot make any useful remarks. ;D ;D

QUISTION:

Do you receive automatically log-information generated from this version?
If not, do you need (extra) information from me and if so which do you want?

Regards Hans

Jeremy Collake

That's great to hear. I don't receive anything automatically, less I be crucified, but don't need your log at this time. Speaking of remote submissions, I am working on that, but it will be opt-in.

The only bad news is that I'm not sure I'll backport this change to v8. So, you may have to wait for v9 before it's official. That said, we'll see how it goes ;).

Jeremy Collake

If possible, and if you are willing and generous, can you please evaluate the current v8 beta and confirm behavior is all as expected?

Thank you.

BenYeeHua

It is showing the status as "Running" for me, even it is suspended, I means processes that are UWP like settings, calculator. :)
Version 9.0.0.47.

edkiefer

Yeh, shows running on version 8.9.8.44 too.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Ok, this was not addressed, so let me do so. Let's go ahead and track this. Adding to list.