Priority class not adjusted

Started by riversen, March 16, 2016, 04:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riversen

Hello,

I'm currently testing Process Lasso and I've configured it to set a specific exe file to below normal priority. Just before I made this post the log said "Process priority adjusted to: Below normal" but in Task Manager and in Process Lasso it still said "Normal". While writing this thread the process popped up again and the GUI both in Process Lasso and Task Manager said "Below Normal".

Any thoughts about this would be much appreciated.

edkiefer

Quote from: riversen on March 16, 2016, 04:23:33 AM
Hello,

I'm currently testing Process Lasso and I've configured it to set a specific exe file to below normal priority. Just before I made this post the log said "Process priority adjusted to: Below normal" but in Task Manager and in Process Lasso it still said "Normal". While writing this thread the process popped up again and the GUI both in Process Lasso and Task Manager said "Below Normal".

Any thoughts about this would be much appreciated.
Hi
Thanks for the report, I have never seen this but will keep an eye open for this delayed action.
Just curious did you have both PL GUI and task-manager open same time or you just checked each after setting it, not that that should matter.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Sometimes processes can adjust their own priorities, or there are other external actors setting their priority class. This may mean a change Process Lasso makes gets reverted.

In these cases, Process Lasso will by default 'back off', but you can try enabling 'Forced Mode' at the bottom of the Options menu. This will cause Process Lasso to more aggressively keep it's settings applied.

Please let me know how this goes.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.