Main Window will not open

Started by DaveInTrinity, January 06, 2016, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveInTrinity

Hello,

I was a fan of PL (free) and was excited to get the Pro version through the GiveAway promo last week. However, after installing the key, the main window will not open. The program is running, the icon is available in the notification bar, if I click the icon (or right click and select "Show Process Lasso Main Window") the window does not open. Instead I get an icon on my taskbar, but no window.

I'm afraid if I uninstall/reinstall, I'll lose my Pro key because it was only good for the one day activation.

Can anyone help? Thank you very much.

Dave in Trinity

edkiefer

Did you try closing ProcessLasso.exe and Processgovernor.exe in task manager and then restart it ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

DaveInTrinity

Hi and thank you. Yes. I have also restarted the PC completely. I've also clicked "Update" as one was available and it installed. No changes. I know it's running, just can't get the User Interface to open. Strange.

Windows 7. Everything else works fine. No viruses, no malware, etc.

edkiefer

Thats real odd, can you try disabling AV, then close PL processes in task manager and restart once AV is not running.

Might be conflict but i want you to get to GUI.

Also what AV are you using if it does change/fix that.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

If you were to lose activated status, you can still re-activate using your assigned activation key. So, you may want to try uninstalling

if the issue persists, then I will direct you to try disabling the process icons, which can cause complications with some faulty shell extensions that try to draw on top of them.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Here is the thread showing how to disable process icons via a registry tweak (done automatically for you by a .REG file):

https://products.bitsum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4843.msg18334.html#msg18334

I recommend giving it a try to see if this makes a difference. After you apply this tweak, you may need to reboot once, then we'll see if the behavior changes. Like I said, some bad shell extensions can cause troubles, so this will either rule that out, or we'll find it was the problem.

DaveInTrinity

@Jeremy Collake

THANK YOU! It is now working properly. All I had to do was uninstall/reinstall based on your suggestion. The license came up valid without any further action. I'm very happy and I appreciate your prompt and accurate help.

Sincerely,

David Czaya
Dave in Trinity

Jeremy Collake

That's good to hear, we were perplexed about the cause here. If it happens again, let us know, but I suspect it was some aberrant condition that you won't encounter again.