No Idlesaver activity

Started by bertie97, December 12, 2015, 05:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertie97

I've just done a wipe & reinstall of my w7x64.
I have installed PL 8.9.1.4
I have set PL Idlessaver to change from Bitsum Highest to power saver after 10 secs.  I have been waiting for it to do it....... 

I can see the CPU clocks winding down as activity drops but still no change in power profile. 
This was not happening to me on the previous install (same hardware), Win updates done, numerous resets, PL whitelisted etc.
Am I missing something?
:-\

:(

edkiefer

Quote from: bertie97 on December 12, 2015, 05:50:52 PM
I've just done a wipe & reinstall of my w7x64.
I have installed PL 8.9.1.4
I have set PL Idlessaver to change from Bitsum Highest to power saver after 10 secs.  I have been waiting for it to do it....... 

I can see the CPU clocks winding down as activity drops but still no change in power profile. 
This was not happening to me on the previous install (same hardware), Win updates done, numerous resets, PL whitelisted etc.
Am I missing something?
:-\

:(
Just tested it on  PL 8.9.1.4 and all works here.
Does game mode work in changing profile (say set default to balanced and when game mode on it should go to bitsum HP profile).

Also see if display goes off if you set it real low timer value, in power plan ,cause if that don't work something with OS or something is running in back ground.
This link have have more info
https://products.bitsum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4999.0.html
Bitsum QA Engineer

bertie97

No games on to test that yet.
Have just been doing the OS, drivers & base utils.
But I have set PL to log power profile change events & it isn't.  I can manually change profiles & it does so, but nothing appears on the log......?

I am so used to PL shifting profile when I don't touch anything it is really weird to see this.  No BIOS change no new devices just a fresh install.
I can have a CPU use of <1% & that is PL alone pulling the cycles, & I see the CPU being down-clocked cos I'm doing nothing & still no power profile change.

edkiefer

Quote from: bertie97 on December 13, 2015, 11:18:42 AM
No games on to test that yet.
Have just been doing the OS, drivers & base utils.
But I have set PL to log power profile change events & it isn't.  I can manually change profiles & it does so, but nothing appears on the log......?

I am so used to PL shifting profile when I don't touch anything it is really weird to see this.  No BIOS change no new devices just a fresh install.
I can have a CPU use of <1% & that is PL alone pulling the cycles, & I see the CPU being down-clocked cos I'm doing nothing & still no power profile change.
no, manual power plan won't generate a log, that's normal.
Does display go to sleep if you set it to like 1min ?
What OS is this ?

You can also check in Device manager the power management "wake" options in network devices and USB.
MY guess is the OS is not truly idling down for some reason.
Bitsum QA Engineer

bertie97

Yaaaaay!  You nailed it Ed.  Thanks.

It has been about 2 yrs since I did a clean install, been using images.  I'd totally forgotten the Wake on LAN options in Device manager/network card.

Now PL is doing what it should, so I can relax & enjoy my Xmas Flu (c/o queues at the post office !!)

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer