Request for potential feature

Started by Neo, August 12, 2008, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo

First, I think Process Lasso is an awesome product.  I'm glad there are people like you who can develop products like this and (hopefully) enjoy it.

I don't know if anyone has requested these features before, but here they are:

• Would it be a really tough task to associate the process(es) that pegged a CPU to each point on the graph where the CPU was pegged?  In other words, I think it would be pretty cool if I could put my cursor at any point on the yellow shaded area in the graph and have a small pop-up information box display that tells me the process(es) that caused the CPU to peg along with the time the pegging occurred.
  • Alternatively, would it be difficult to highlight a particular message in the Actions Log and then have the corresponding portion of the graph that corresponds to that action display?
  • Would it be possible to treat the graph of the log like a tape in a calculator so we can review the history of CPU pegging and understand particular cause and effects?

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the feature requests. They sound like good ideas. While they aren't particularly difficult to implement, they will require consuming more RAM and CPU resources at runtime -- particularly ideas 1 & 3. That's alright though, as long as they can be turned off. I'll make note of them, but can't guarantee if/when I will get them implemented.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.