Change the restraint PL icon to current restraint Process Icon

Started by BenYeeHua, August 29, 2015, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

Just a feature that might be good, so that when PL are restraint a process, by showing that process icon(instead of PL icon), user can know which process are current restraint by looking on the Tray Icon. :D

DeadHead

Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

BenYeeHua

Ya, and I hope this feature will not be affected by the process icon(in list) bug...

Jeremy Collake

That's not a bad idea, except for the problem of sometimes multiple restraints on several processes happening in the same interval. Still, it doesn't have to be perfect. I'll consider this!

Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

I would be just as happy with a balloon/tooltip that lists the currently restrained processes.

DeadHead

Maybe someone here is skilled enough to make a skin for rainmeter, pulling info from PL log file? :)

http://rainmeter.net/

Jeremy Collake

Interesting. I could dump the log as an RSS (or other) type of feed... so definitely could inter-operate with that software. I don't have time to fool with creating a skin, but make it so nobody has to worry with pulling things from the log file.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

DeadHead

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on September 16, 2015, 01:55:43 PM
Interesting. I could dump the log as an RSS (or other) type of feed... so definitely could inter-operate with that software. I don't have time to fool with creating a skin, but make it so nobody has to worry with pulling things from the log file.

That would be cool I think. I really like rainmeter, since it is so customizable. I'm sure there are people out there willing to put some time into creating a PL skin, if there's an easy way pulling interesting data out of the program.