'laggy system' sometimes after resume from suspend; resolved by logging out->in.

Started by rancur3p1c, August 28, 2015, 09:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rancur3p1c

I'll try to get around to posting a log within the next couple of months or so.

I usually roll with Bitsum Highest Perf because Balanced feels a bit laggy as is (and is actually worse than running without Process Lasso). Within 6 months I might have an idea of 'why' on this [e.g., I haven't tested how nicely 'balanced' works after a fresh boot session], but I would ignore this feedback for now. I just thought it was weird.

Anyways, I believe the resume-from-suspend issue shows up in dpclat.exe. I didn't have this issue before PL installation.

I wouldn't worry about this now just posting as a placeholder in my mind so that I, when motivated, get around to providing the feedback.

system specs: FX8310 @ 4.3ghz and ... stable ... pretty sure, 32GB DDR3-1600. half full 256GB SSD.

rancur3p1c

lag seems to have gone away after continuing to use system, haven't seen that before, will look out for.

BenYeeHua

Well, it can caused by some driver, or software are not recover correctly, if it is something about sleep.

QuoteI usually roll with Bitsum Highest Perf because Balanced feels a bit laggy as is (and is actually worse than running without Process Lasso). Within 6 months I might have an idea of 'why' on this [e.g., I haven't tested how nicely 'balanced' works after a fresh boot session], but I would ignore this feedback for now. I just thought it was weird.
I think it is because of the core-parking, as the single thread performance of the AMD is bad, by enabling more core to be used for difference threads should increase the whole performance.(by not switching too much thread with a core)
And normally core-parking also having some overhead for enable/disable the core. :)

rancur3p1c

I think you're right, it's a driver thing.

is the diff between balanced and high perf something with core parking?

edkiefer

There are a few changes between bitsum HP and balanced, but main ones are CPU min state's are is set to 100%   in bitsum HP along with core parking disabled .
There are a few others that have to do with saving power like PCIE link state power management or USB suspend options along with sleep controls . Then HP are disabled or lowered greatly .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on September 01, 2015, 06:12:11 AM
There are a few changes between bitsum HP and balanced, but main ones are CPU min state's are is set to 100%   in bitsum HP along with core parking disabled .
There are a few others that have to do with saving power like PCIE link state power management or USB suspend options along with sleep controls . Then HP are disabled or lowered greatly .
Yup, Bitsum HP is based on the (OEM) High Performance, it only change the core-parking if I am right.

Quoteis the diff between balanced and high perf something with core parking?
If you means the original version(OEM), then nothing changed to the core-parking.
Only Bitsum HP has disabled the core-parking. :)

Jeremy Collake

Bitsum HP clones the system High Performance power plan and changes core parking *and* CPU frequency scaling.

The lag is probably page faults (virtual memory being paged back into RAM as it's accessed). Are you using Process Lasso's SmartTrim? If so, you may want to try not using it, just to see if it matters. It's disabled by default because it's not recommended for most users.

I'm going to guess the issue is more coincidental than related to Process Lasso because I'm having trouble imaging how Process Lasso could cause any problems. That said, I don't want to dismiss it off hand with such a quick glance here.. Keep this in mind: Everything it does is in the log, so *if* Process Lasso is involved, you'll see actions it takes in the log and be able to trace it back to Lasso doing this or that...
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.