Auto-update doesn't update version no. registry entry [FIXED]

Started by Autumner, August 01, 2015, 04:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumner

Just updated from 8.6.1.6 x64 Pro to 8.6.4.2 via the auto-updater, but Windows' Programs and Features still reports v.8.6.1.6 as installed. This happened with the previous update, too (8.6.0.0 => 8.6.1.6). Using the offline installer fixes this.

edkiefer

Hi, thanks for report .

That is known thing, not really a bug, as the updater doesn't update every file and I think MS programs and features read the "uninstall.exe" version, which can be older than the install.
Mine shows 8.5.0.7 with latest updates.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Autumner

This causes problems to the very nice auto-updating/installing utility Patch My PC (and probably other similar tools), which requires correct version numbers in the registry for proper detection (and operation). Hope this is fixed.

Jeremy Collake

I have implemented this change as of 8.6.5.1 beta, a version probably uploaded later today. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

@Ed and testers: Please verify this seems to work, updating the version number shown in add/remove programs after an automatic update.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

It was an easy one ;). Of course, please give us time to make sure it works, in this first beta I'm just spitting out the code, we do QA afterwards and towards release of the next final.

This should be a pretty minor update, quickly issued, but I'll get to a few other small requests if I can.

Jeremy Collake

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer