Licensee name issue. [FIXED - BUT MAY BE SEEN ONCE MORE BY SOME USERS]

Started by Nurple, June 14, 2015, 08:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nurple

Heya, there seems to be a problem with setting the licensee name since v8.

When I installed it my name was changed to ThisUser, and changing it causes the app to revert to Free mode, changing the name to ThisUser puts it back to Pro again.

This is on an updated Windows 8 x64 (not 8.1) as of 2015-06-09.

edkiefer

What does this page show in upper left corner ?

https://bitsum.com/support/user-page.php

BTW, I get thisuser to in the about menu popup .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

@Nurple: I see you should have a lifetime license. Are you having any troubles with it? I'll send a new code in case you've exceeded the license count threshold for it.

I also deleted my prior post, as I don't want this knowledge to get out until I refactor the code.

Users who see 'ThisUser' as their user name should not be alarmed. It is a minor glitch in the license eligibility check system that will be resolved shortly.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I have a plan to deal with this in the next final update, so consider it fixed ;)

Nurple

Hmm, I shouldn't have a problem with my licence, as I rarely reactivate, plus I think I'm using the offfline licence.

edkiefer

fixed, for me.
Have my name shown with pro version .
this is latest beta 8.1.0.3
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

The permanent fix hasn't been made yet, but for any affected user, the solution is as simple as changing your name back in the About box.

This occurs when users click the 'Check for license eligibility' button, so once fixed, it may take two updates to never be seen again for some users.

However, it'll definitely be seen no more in the near future.

edkiefer

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on June 14, 2015, 07:31:46 PM
The permanent fix hasn't been made yet, but for any affected user, the solution is as simple as changing your name back in the About box.

This occurs when users click the 'Check for license eligibility' button, so once fixed, it may take two updates to never be seen again for some users.

However, it'll definitely be seen no more in the near future.
That's what I did to be able to enter my name , now shows correctly .
Though , maybe I wasn't affected in first place as I never tried to change it from "thisuser" .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yea, you may not have been affected.

The fix is pretty simple, without having to work-around my 'hack' too extremely (pending a whole system refactor soon to be complete). That is -- simply don't store the new user name 'ThisUser' when it's used for update eligibility checks.

Tarnak

Yes, I was affected...But, reactivation brought back the showing of my registered  name.  ;)

Jeremy Collake

Adjustment made so this should no longer occur (though might *ocnce* more at most after update).

Jeremy Collake

Split prior post about loss of activation (different from loss of registered user name) to https://bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4941.0

Tarnak

I seem to have lost my licence while updating to v8.5.0.5B... or, at least it won't activate any longer . Also, I couldn't log in here - https://bitsum.com/support/index.php?general_failure=2 , to check either.

Tarnak

It's Ok  ..I got it activated.....Instead of my full name, I tried just the initial of my first name, plus surname.  This worked !

Jeremy Collake

Glad you got it working. I apologize for the trouble and am actively looking into what is gong on. I should have it resolved very soon, certainly before final.