Author Topic: WARNING: This edition is not fully supported. Want it supported?  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
WARNING: Process Lasso Portable Edition edition is not fully supported. Want it supported? Make your voice and/or $ heard.

We do try to keep it up to date and reasonably maintained though.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Offline Jingle

• New
Re: WARNING: This edition is not fully supported. Want it supported?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
What would it take to make Process Lasso fully portable?

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
It already is, barring storage of certain UI display settings in the registry. The licensing data is also presently stored in the registry, unless you've used a special code that we've sent (available only to lifetime licensees by request).

I have decided to move more settings away from the registry due to rogue registry cleaners so often wiping it out, so I expect the portability to further increase in v9, though again we won't be officially supporting the portable edition.

If anyone can give us use examples about the portable edition, perhaps I can make a case as to why it should be maintained. Right now, the portable edition is simply built and uploaded for legacy users of it, but we don't do any QA on it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Offline BenYeeHua

• Volunteer User Moderator
  • Member#
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
I guess just for someone that want to keep their config in folder while having their Windows reinstalled again and again.

Some people like to reinstall when they feel their computer is being slowed down, and it is faster to reinstall with a SSD and strong CPU and fast Internet, than find out why it is slowing down. :)

PS: Of cause by ignoring unusual user, you know what I mean. :P