Copy the same feature from "All Processes" to "Active Processes"

Started by BenYeeHua, September 09, 2014, 06:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

Just found that I am using "Active Processes" much more than "All Processes", I only use "All Processes" when the PL is not detect the process having enough CPU usage to showing on "Active", or when I need to right click on the "Active" process, or I need to check the command line by hover on the process.

It will be great if the "All" feature(context menu and hover to showing the command line) is copy over to "Active" too. :)

Jeremy Collake

I agree, and intend to do that in time.

Thanks for the suggestion, as always!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

I never have many processes show up on active tab , maybe 1-3 max , mostly web-browser (Palemoon) .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: support on September 15, 2014, 02:29:58 PM
I agree, and intend to do that in time.

Thanks for the suggestion, as always!
You are welcome. :D
Quote from: edkiefer on September 15, 2014, 02:44:24 PM
I never have many processes show up on active tab , maybe 1-3 max , mostly web-browser (Palemoon) .
Yup, but I feel that it is not sensitive enough.

For example, Windows Task Manager, sometimes it is showing on the "Active Processes", sometimes it is not.
(The CPU usage is 1-5% with most of the time as 1-2%, only when it reach 3% or more, then it will showing on the "Active")
I think maybe tweak it a bit more sensitive?

Of cause I know it is not sensitive is because it will showing some more that should not be showing, like DWM.exe and Explorer.exe etc.
But it can doing a function that like, adding DWM and Explorer to the list that, only they are >5% CPU usage then showing on "Active".
----
Just check a bit more, it look like it is very strange, maybe it is the effect of optimize?
In "All", the Firefox.exe is showing like jumping between 0-1%, but it is showing on "Active".
But with Windows Task Manager, it is showing between 0-1% too, but it is not showing on "Active".

And based on the CPU time, Firefox don't increased the CPU time when it is 0% CPU usage, but it should be still running/using CPU, as there is GIF image is animate now.

If it is the effect of optimize, then I give up, as it is not very important that very low CPU usage processes are not showing on "Active". ;)
----
And ya, it look like sometimes there is a delay to showing high CPU usage processes on "Active" after you open PL from the tray, maybe it is hang as there is lack of memory? :)

edkiefer

Yeh, I have palemoon , flashplayerplugin.xxx and Origin .
not sure what trigger point is , Origin is using decent amount of CPU% like 0.04% which is maybe 3-4th highest .
Browser and flashplug-in are a lot higher avg 1.5%

Edit: I forgot I have GUI refresh rate at 5sec, if I change to 500ms I get explorer added .
So refresh has big factor it seems .I guess it alters the avg CPU% , removing spikes .

Hold on, the faster refresh makes also the process leave faster too .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, maybe it should also be keep showing the active processes like 1-5 second, so the user can do something on it before it is gone, or seeing it gone and showing and gone and showing. :)