Problem with Lasso (920300)

Started by awillkey, August 15, 2014, 06:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awillkey

I use MS Outlook as my email client. When I close it down the window disappears almost immediately but I know the process is active for some time (10-20 seconds). I assume that it is closing the email file(s). With Lasso running it seems that this process does not complete before Windows shuts down with the result that after the next boot and after starting Outlook, there is a long delay when Outlook says the files were not closed properly and it scans and repairs them (up to 15 minutes!). This very occasionally happened before I used Lasso but frequently happens with Lasso installed. I now have to stop the Lasso process before stopping Outlook and closing Windows to avoid this.

I'm guessing Lasso downgrades the process priority because it has no window and no user interactions but maybe there is another explanation. Anyway it is quite annoying and I wonder if a fix is possible.

Alan

BenYeeHua

QuoteI use MS Outlook as my email client. When I close it down the window disappears almost immediately but I know the process is active for some time (10-20 seconds). I assume that it is closing the email file(s). With Lasso running it seems that this process does not complete before Windows shuts down with the result that after the next boot and after starting Outlook, there is a long delay when Outlook says the files were not closed properly and it scans and repairs them (up to 15 minutes!). This very occasionally happened before I used Lasso but frequently happens with Lasso installed. I now have to stop the Lasso process before stopping Outlook and closing Windows to avoid this.
Emm...

Did you enable AutoEndTasks, and decreased the time for WaitToKillAppTimeout?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978624.aspx
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/37424-waittokillapptimeout-specify-shutdown-windows.html

This sound like it get kill, but not end itself.
----
QuoteI'm guessing Lasso downgrades the process priority because it has no window and no user interactions but maybe there is another explanation. Anyway it is quite annoying and I wonder if a fix is possible.
I don't think you need to guess, Process Lasso has a log system, you can just confirm it by reading the log.
If it don't do anything while shutdown, then it is not about Process Lasso restraint the process while shut down.

But ya, Process Lasso should stop restraint when it receive the command for shutdown, so it make sure no software get restraint while shutdown.
I will create a feature require for it. :)
---
Anyways, this thread can be the feature require thread, if OP confirm it is caused by restraint while shut down. ;)

Jeremy Collake

Is Lasso taking any action on Outlook process(es)? This will be shown in the log.

If it *is* taking action, then you can exclude it from ProBalance restraint.

If it is *not* taking action, then there is surely no correlation.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.