Newer Versions Causing 100% CPU Use

Started by graybeard47, July 05, 2014, 05:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybeard47

I have a low end laptop with only a Celeron 900 cpu that is mostly used for internet search. When I started to use the free version of Process Lasso some 5 years ago, it definetely helped. However, about September/2013 it was updated & has played havac locking my cpu use to 100%. I have tried the updated versions to date and nothing has changed,  always uninstalling it and the runaway cpu drops way down.

I can not find any of the "5" versions still loadable off of the internet. If it shows as one, it always ends up being the most current version. Does Bitsum have an archieve that an older version can be accessed for download?????

thank you

Jeremy Collake

Yes, licensed users can download *any* older version in our Support area. Going all the way back ....

As for the problem, that's pretty bizarre. I haven't had similar reports, and can't imagine what recent change would have caused this behavior.

Did you reset the config to defaults? Maybe it is some interoperability issue... I would love more data on this.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

what processes are showing high CPU usage ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

graybeard47

Found the problem-had a corrupted wireless network driver. Tried windows device manager on prior occasions  to scan for a newer one but it always stated the 2009 driver was the most updated: was having a run of web pages that gave the message "no longer responding" and no such occurrence when laptop was hardwired to router. Found a free driver scanner. Ran it. Installed the 2013 version. Installed the most updated free version of Process Lasso and the CPU is no longer locked at 100%.

Thanks

BenYeeHua

Good to hear about you found the real cause. :)

And yup, normally you will not found a newest wireless driver on Windows Update(or Device Manager), they are too lazy to push it to the Windows Update.
You can try find the driver yourself by using the Hardware ID too. ;)