Energy Saver Configuration Problem

Started by chris635, July 05, 2014, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris635

Hey Guys,

Have my power profiles set to activate high performance when gaming and back to balanced when I am not gaming (works great!). However when I set the energy saver option and check disable when a game or media play disable, it still reverts to power saver (I have this set to power save after my system is idle for 720 seconds). I think it must be operator error. I do I set this up?
Chris

Jeremy Collake

Let me double check this and make sure it's functioning as expected. I'll get back to you shortly.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

chris635

Chris

chris635

Operator error   :o  For some reason metro last light wasn't saving right for gaming mode. You can see that the first entry is what process lasso is looking for while the second entry is actually what is listed. With just the second metro last light entry, process lasso wouldn't recognize it as running so my system would enter the power saver state after a while (I use a game controller for this game and not the mouse). I wonder why process lasso needs the extra .\metrol.exe to recognize it as running?
Chris

BenYeeHua

Hmm...
Not an expect on this, but it can be the something protected the game process, like DRM.
And based on Google, the dot(.) means look for the exe in current directory.