Process Lasso Pro and Intel Management Engine

Started by ckit, June 10, 2014, 02:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckit

I'm only reporting this to help other users as I'm feeling p**ssed at the moment and just want to uninstall Process Lasso Pro for good.

1. Start Windows 7
2. Check Device Manger for any yellow marks, there should be none
3. Start orb -> Shutdown -> Sleep
4. Wait 5mins or so (entire system should be asleep)
5. Tap space bar to wake computer
6. Check Device Manager and you will see that "Intel Management Engine" has a yellow mark with a Code 43 error generated thanks to Process Lasso Pro

I'll stop ranting\reporting as I may break something given the amount of time it took me to track this down!
Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
Kaspersky Internet Security, Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and WinPatrol Plus

ckit

This is a combination of both Process Lasso Pro and Samsung Easy Printer Manager being loaded in the tray
Kaspersky Internet Security, Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and WinPatrol Plus

edkiefer

So do you see a process in log that is getting lowered ,that is linked to ME ?

Do you have option don't lower system files on ?

Sleep mode can be very buggy and dependent to many settings, be it bios, driver/software updates, many things .
But if you can track which process is getting lowered, then exclude it .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, it should be some processes that get access by Process Lasso, and somehow broken.
Or, it is a dll issues.
----
And, how did you feel about ME?
I don't use this function yet, as I don't has another computer to control the other computer. :)

ckit

Finally fixed this, Gigabyte was to blame!

My computer has Intel ME bios 8.10 installed with the latest Beta bios for the Mobo and Gigabyte's website has Intel ME 9.5 drivers available? It wasn't until I uninstalled Intel ME 9.5 drivers, rebooted and let Windows fetch drivers from Windows Update did I get the older Intel ME 8.10 drivers. Now when my computer wakes from sleep there are no yellow marks on Intel Management Engine!

I'm guessing Gigabyte forgot to update the Intel ME bios in the Motherboard's bios before posting online!

Moral of the story, don't buy anything of Gigabytes!

edkiefer

so the problem was you installed a newer Intel ME driver than what the bios supports ?
I wouldn't think that would hurt, you'd think the driver would check firmware version and pick best support driver, kind of like chipset drivers .

Anyway ,glad you sorted what was cause .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

QuoteI'm guessing Gigabyte forgot to update the Intel ME bios in the Motherboard's bios before posting online!
No.
Intel ME bios can only update by using Intel ME firmware update, not by updating Gigabyte Motherboard's BIOS, the ME firmware is not inside the Motherboard BIOS. ;)

edkiefer

ok, so this is not Intel ME driver , I have 9.5.10.1658  version ME installed but never did any firmware updates, or for that matter bios updates  (I only update if there a issue or poor performance) .
It sounds like he is talking about Intel ME component driver

For Asus Z77 MB they have a firmware update (8.1) for win* mainly , and they have 8.1 ME driver , this is on there site, they don't add newer stuff but I have ME 9.5 that came with XTU . I don't use sleep but tried it and did have issue, that is why I am now wondering . You would think the driver is backwards compatible .

Anyway, seems he solved his issue ok .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, and some people that having sleep issues with ME can know the solution too. ;)
And yes, Intel may try detect the firmware version before install the driver, so it prevent the issues.

Anyways, I am using MEI driver version 10.x without the software installed, and also don't update the firmware, which means that ME is also not enabled for me too, I guess. :)