Default CPU priority has some strange broken process name

Started by BenYeeHua, July 04, 2013, 03:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

For example, plugin-container.exe will be lugin-container.exe, firefox.exe will be irefox.exe.
Except the first one, it still having the full process name.
This is what I saw in prolasso.ini
DefaultPriorities=txplatform.exe,below normal,qprotect.exe,below normal,lugin-container.exe,normal,encentdl.exe,below normal
And I just remove it, and set it again, so far I don't facing this issue now.
It can be one of the PL version that causing this.

edkiefer

So if you add them again its fine and no other lines had errors , like power profiles .
I don't have any set in CPU priorities to check .

But I did notice strange config log loading path in log on starting PL few days ago . it path says "config from %\system32\powrprof.dll,-15 "
The 25 seconds later in above line it has proper path to C\user\Ed\appdata\Roaming\Processlasso\config\prolasso.ini
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Nope, I don't found that log, but it can means something wrong on the PL's PowerPlans code?

edkiefer

Yes, I don't think I noticed it before , it was first time I startup PL in morning ( I shutdown my system nightly) .

I first thought maybe I started PL with a changed default power profile and that did it but trying that doesn't seem to trigger it .
Maybe Jeremy knows cause .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

This was most likely the result of a prior beta version that temporarily corrupted some rules. If you see it continue to occur, please update this thread so that I know! Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Just so you know it happened on 7/3/13 and I normally check for updates manually and if so use auto-update option .
I looked as far back as 6/24/13 and it only happened one time .

FWIW , there is DLL in said path but I am not familiar with -15 switch .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: jeremy on July 04, 2013, 02:14:34 PM
This was most likely the result of a prior beta version that temporarily corrupted some rules. If you see it continue to occur, please update this thread so that I know! Thanks!
And other people that sawing this too. ;)
Quote from: edkiefer on July 04, 2013, 03:18:20 PM
Just so you know it happened on 7/3/13 and I normally check for updates manually and if so use auto-update option .
I looked as far back as 6/24/13 and it only happened one time .

FWIW , there is DLL in said path but I am not familiar with -15 switch .
Can it as a error code of PL?
----Some OT
jeremy - Karma: +123/-0
edkiefer - Posts: 456
Nice number. ::)

edkiefer

I just realized Jeremy was replying to you I think with your OP error .

Anyway i still check for mine if I see it again .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

This will happen if you report another new issue on an unrelated topic/post without open a new topic/post. :)
But I can say that it can be the same beta issues?

edkiefer

Well , if it happens again or I can reproduce it i will open a new post on it .

With this new log system it doesn't list  the PL version so I don't know if it was a beta or release , I use whatever is newest at the time .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

I am adding back some of those log startup entries now, and will add the version number again. EDIT: The version number is now emitted by the Governor in 6.6.0.53 beta (not uploaded yet, probably be tomorrow). I shouldn't have ever removed those governor startup log entries.

The beta that was broken would have left the rules fried like this. I believe that it was the cause, but, again, just let me know if you see it again. I don't believe you will, though I know better than to be too over-confident ;p.

BenYeeHua

QuoteThe beta that was broken would have left the rules fried like this. I believe that it was the cause, but, again, just let me know if you see it again. I don't believe you will, though I know better than to be too over-confident ;p.
As you wish. ;)
----OT
Just wanna to know, how many people choose to join the beta test?
I think you can know the answer via the download count. :)
----
Quote6.6.0.53[beta] Fix GUI GUI could restart the governor after it was stopped by the user
Finally, wait, it is a bug, I think it is a feature. :o

edkiefer

confirm 3 entries on loading , config file, version and management user
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Not many beta users. Those who have tried probably quickly learned that Bitsum betas are real betas ;).

After a terribly long coding, code review, and testing session, I've launched a new final version. This is a good one.

edkiefer

You do frequent updates , especially beta 9interim builds) so that might put some off .

I think it is good as there nothing to worry about as PL is non intrusive with regard to install/registry .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: jeremy on July 05, 2013, 07:22:14 AM
Not many beta users. Those who have tried probably quickly learned that Bitsum betas are real betas ;).

After a terribly long coding, code review, and testing session, I've launched a new final version. This is a good one.

Yup, if beta don't means beta, if release don't means release, then it don't make sense. ;)
----
Quote from: edkiefer on July 05, 2013, 08:43:15 AM
You do frequent updates , especially beta 9interim builds) so that might put some off .

I think it is good as there nothing to worry about as PL is non intrusive with regard to install/registry .
Just 2-4 times per day, and yes, except we are tweaking the setting that will affect the registry, then it will not having some issues. :)