Gaming mode on windowed games

Started by blackhydra866, February 09, 2012, 10:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhydra866

Hi, just have a question regarding "gaming mode". I play almost all of my games in a "borderless window" mode as they generally run better like that, filling up the screen but not truly being fullscreen. Is it still worth it to take the time to designate them as games? I figured that when they are fullscreen gaming mode is more important.

edkiefer

I am surprised you get better results with game in window mode, generally running game in full screen gets slightly better results as OS focuses more on the one screen (instead of both if run window mode >desktop+game window) . Might be something to do with your res running in desktop and game or just some issue with driver and game .

IMO I would try game mode anyway as you want to keep focus for most part on that process , at very least you can exclude the game from probalance restraint  if you don't choose game mode .
Bitsum QA Engineer

blackhydra866

Quote from: edkiefer on February 10, 2012, 08:23:18 AM
I am surprised you get better results with game in window mode, generally running game in full screen gets slightly better results as OS focuses more on the one screen (instead of both if run window mode >desktop+game window) . Might be something to do with your res running in desktop and game or just some issue with driver and game .

IMO I would try game mode anyway as you want to keep focus for most part on that process , at very least you can exclude the game from probalance restraint  if you don't choose game mode .

Yeah i'm not sure why, fullscreen always seems to make things wacky on my second monitor. Also I like being able to more quickly alt-tab to talk to friends. I'll designate them as games.

Why would I exclude them from probalance?

Hotrod

Exclusion would prevent them from being restrained when the cpu experiences high loads, preventing the "stutter" effect.