Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Process Lasso / Re: Error when trying to activate software
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on April 13, 2016, 07:18:32 PM »
A probable, but experimental, resolution to this problem is now in-place. We'll see how it goes. Only a small percentage of users (mostly XP) were ever affected.
I'm afraid this is not possible. Use of the GPU or CPU is programatically locked depending on the design of the application. In other words, the programmer has to choose which to use, and this can't be later changed.
I don't know if it is possible, But, Would it would be so nice if Process lasso can make Gpu as second CPU and optimize the way GPU-CPU work to Reduce CPU stress. i think this feature is awsome if it come true. Thanks for reading this. Sorry for my bad at English
Hi, Can you give a example of app ?

As far as I know app that can offload compute from CPU to GPU will do this (some app use GPU Hardware acceleration), that would help the CPU%.
This is on the app to control this kind of thing.
I don't know if it is possible, But, Would it would be so nice if Process lasso can make Gpu as second CPU and optimize the way GPU-CPU work to Reduce CPU stress. i think this feature is awsome if it come true. Thanks for reading this. Sorry for my bad at English
Feature Requests / Re: Suspension of apps
« Last post by edkiefer on April 11, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
You could maybe try HW64 , that has a lot of plugins an options, you can also adjust polling rate which I like, I never tried doing what you have as desktop.
« Last post by chris635 on April 11, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »
Looks like it was ADIA64 causing it. I have been running this system for 24 hours straight without AIDA64 running and I don't have the issues. Jeremy would it still be possible to have a means to keep apps from suspending?
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on April 11, 2016, 08:54:57 AM »
This is due to the deprecation of SSLv3. I am entertaining a few potential solutions. However, immediate help can be had by contacting us at support@bitsum.com . If you have a pending ticket, I'll be responding in minutes.
« Last post by Suetonius on April 11, 2016, 08:20:23 AM »
Hi, same problem here. My OS is Windows XP Professional. Unable to activate. Web server not accessible. Update function doesn't work properly. No update available although new update exists. So what is the solution? Thanks in advance
General / Re: svchost madness
« Last post by bertie97 on April 11, 2016, 05:42:17 AM »
Thanks for the link Ed. 
I know this is disabling win update.  Only way I could even open a browser was restrict to idle & then to hard throttle the svchost (netsvcs) instance.  PL made it possible to actually try to fix the thing, as the 100% load just crippled it.
So I repartitioned the ssd & did a clean install, then <100hrs @100% waiting for the current updates - which was enuf updating for me. 
The upside was most of the services called on now work without overloading the system. 

Formerly I could'nt even complete the install of 'magic cure' manually downloaded KBs 99% of the time (one would install, the next wouldn't, then rolling back to try a different install order the same files would then not install at all etc etc); I could disable wuauserv & still have the problem; I could do the off-line install of the update service & get nowhere, but, after forever, the 2nd clean install did eventually update....

The one entry on your link is about an Acer which this laptop is - which reinforces my findings that certain hardware esp laptops are an issue that MS hasn't fully addressed.  (+both Acer & MS are always more enthusiastic about selling new products).

So my 'fix' has been a combination of all the solutions listed there in that thread, none of which ever actually solved the problem but which got me far enough to be able to use the laptop without frying it. 
The machine is EOL as far as the industry is concerned so I guess I have to be glad I got this far!
« Last post by chris635 on April 10, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »
Aida does it.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10