Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Process Lasso / Re: EIS 10 Consuming CPU Power Due to PL
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 08:00:55 PM »
I actually did add the two processes you listed in the most recent beta, 8.7.0.5 beta.

There may be other Emisoft processes though? If you can check any log Emisoft has, that may tell us what it's triggering on.

Thanks!
Process Lasso / Re: EIS 10 Consuming CPU Power Due to PL
« Last post by XhenEd on August 20, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »
I'm running the latest beta, but the problem is still there. :(  :'(
As soon as I close the GUI, the problem is gone.

One thing I notice also, when the GUI is on, is that EIS calms down if I disable Surf Protection and Behavior Blocker. If I just disable one of them, the problem still persists, but if I disable both of them, the problem is gone.

Edit: I found the solution. I "edited" the Application rule for ProcessLasso.exe to "Don't alert when this file changes". And now, even if the GUI is running, EIS is normal. :D

So, maybe, there was really no need to include the EIS processes in the tamper detection blocklist. :D
Maybe, it's really not the tamper protection that triggers the CPU usage, but it could just be EIS "looking" at the processes.
Bug Reports / Re: Automatic Update
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 20, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »
So, maybe adding some SHA1 checking for update? :)
Then when it is broken because of a broken internet, it will ask the user, or retry itself a few times. :D

Of cause it may do nothing, as it is already reported by WinRAR, so it should be better to focus on other feature. :)
---
And yup, it is the end of the archive is broken, so it can be some unexpected disconnection, while it think the file are downloaded completely?

---Off-Topic
And ya, I always having some broken download(loaded the emotion for the background image for the page etc), when I open a lot of pages.
But I guess it is just a browser issues, or a server config issues that can't handle too many connections. :P
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso for Audiophiles - New Guide being drafted
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »
Thanks, yea the guide is getting there. It's hard to anticipate what questions users may have in some cases, or even mistakes they may make.

I agree that not going over-board with custom tweaking needs to be emphasized more, and like the way you phrased 'if you want to play, choose current', etc.. So will add some similar wording to the guide!
« Last post by parkd1 on August 20, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
Sounds good. Thanks
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 10:39:38 AM »
Support area download fixed (usual naming issue we've seen before).

Automated update archives all look like they were transferred correctly to the server, so I'm still inclined to think it was a broken download, *but* I am going to publish v8.7.0.3 beta, which will replace them.
« Last post by parkd1 on August 20, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »
Welcome.
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 10:33:06 AM »
Thanks park1d.

The auto-update error I *think* is most likely due to a broken download - though I'm checking to make sure it wasn't a broken package (uploads are verified).

The Support area missing beta download I'll also be fixing in minutes.
« Last post by parkd1 on August 20, 2015, 10:06:17 AM »
When I got the error it told me to get the whole installer. When I went to get it I get this error.

Not Found

The requested URL /support/temp/20316_x64_8.7.0.1 beta.zip was not found on this server.

Thanks.
Bug Reports / Automatic Update
« Last post by parkd1 on August 20, 2015, 09:59:26 AM »
Not sure if this a bug or something wrong with my computer. I get the this error when I do Automatic Update and let it update.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10