Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General / Re: SuperFetch, useful or useless for Individual users?
« Last post by edkiefer on September 09, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
I forgot to update this post with new Win10 and AU (1607 build), as Chris mentioned early, MS now has superfetch key gone and the readyboot folder in windows is empty now, so only prefetcher reg key is 3
Tips and Tweaks / Re: Trying to identify Acronis notifiyer
« Last post by BenYeeHua on September 05, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
If the one that posted by Hotrod is not working, try this LogWindowAtPoint, it should works, unless the windows pop-up and auto close it.
hxxp://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html

PS: Remember run it with Admin right :)
Tips and Tweaks / Re: Trying to identify Acronis notifiyer
« Last post by Hotrod on September 05, 2016, 11:44:30 AM »
I just googled "Acronis upgrade notifier" and got this :) https://kb.acronis.com/content/57373

Hope it has your answer :)
Tips and Tweaks / Trying to identify Acronis notifiyer
« Last post by danielson on September 05, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »
Acronis True Image is nagging me to upgrade and i don't want to.

How can i get Process Lasso to stop it?
It is hard to identify the process that is behind this.
Tips and Tweaks / Re: Skype on Win 10 chews at cpu
« Last post by danielson on September 05, 2016, 09:51:51 AM »
Set to idle = yup, that is what i eventually did.  8)

Soorry did not respond before, thought i had automatic notification in settings.
Process Lasso / Re: weird update msg
« Last post by bertie97 on September 01, 2016, 05:57:57 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I do have the VC++ packages installed & up to date AFAIK.  I sometimes need these for the *very rare* gaming sessions ;)
I am using Comodo CIS.   
Normally whenever the PL updater comes up I run a CCleaner instance & turn off the CIS sandbox, before hitting 'update' to avoid any mess/interference.
In this case I had shut everything down, & cleaned up ready to power down the machine, & the updater came up just before I actually hit shutdown.
Technically there shouldn't have been anything much running, certainly nothing that wasn't running on the last update.

As far as I can tell PL is working OK, I've been running it for a few hours now & it seems to be fine.  So a bit weird but relatively uneventful... :)
Feature Requests / Re: Auto trim log files
« Last post by Sean Dendle on August 31, 2016, 11:21:52 PM »
Hi there,

Checking in to see if any progress been made on this request?
That's great news. My team is looking forward to this feature.
Process Lasso / Re: weird update msg
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 31, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
My theory didn't pan out, but I did have a report of another weird update issue, but it succeeded OK.

Are you using any security software? Any of that newish anti-ransomware stuff?

Thanks so much
Process Lasso / Process Lasso GUI inaccessible under Windows XP
« Last post by Suetonius on August 31, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Hi, I have some problems running Process Lasso under Windows XP Professional. Changing settings like start options (Options / General settings / Process Lasso startup options) or disabling process icons which requires an automatic restart by PL leads to a hanging process of processlasso.exe. I can see the process in my task manager but the window is inaccessible. My system: Intel Pentium 4, Windows XP Professional, Process Lasso Pro 8.9.8.44 x32. I know it's an old system but it works without any problems except the problems with the new versions of PL. A clean install did not change anything. Only manually closing and restarting of processlasso.exe helps. Hope you can help me and fix it. Thanks in advance  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10