Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General / New social media register/login in forum
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 18, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
We've added support for registering and logging in via various social media sites. This will make forum registration and login much easier going forward.
Yikes... I will have to create an action plan for this.

Thanks for the report!
Adobe Reader DC has updated to 15.008.20082 to fixing some bug and vulnerabilities. :)
http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/DC/dccontinuousjuly2015.html
----
While MS also released the patch, Adobe Flash Player for IE has been updated to newest version. :)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3079777
https://technet.microsoft.com/security/advisory/2755801
http://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-18.html
Feature Requests / Re: Request: Restore system tray notifications
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 15, 2015, 11:08:48 PM »
Thank you for understanding. I've moved this thread to 'Feature Requests' to be sure it stays a high priority item.

I'll try to go ahead and get to it ASAP in a beta version. Leaving them OFF by default lets me play around a lot more easily, I should have thought of this compromise before. Oh well.

Thank you for your compliments and for noticing my dedication. This is my life. It's been a bit humorous to watch the snake-oil salesmen at certain larger corporations try to copy my ideas or technology, yet fail so miserably.  Of course, they fail not because they have bad engineers, but because their companies aren't run by engineers, they are run by marketers. This not only leads them to bad technical decisions, but it affects the morale of their engineers. Then there is also the classical 'large organization' effect, where it becomes increasingly difficult to get anything innovative done the larger an organization gets.

I intend to keep Bitsum as the forefront of this emerging market, one we've largely created. So many companies abandoned the PC in recent years, thinking it was dead. They see consumers from the lowest common denominator... they couldn't imagine how people might still need PCs when mobile devices started encroaching. Of course, we knew all along that you simply can't replace the PC for so many tasks. Thus, it's not going anywhere, and we anticipate Windows 10 to further reinvigorate innovation in the PC space. Knock on wood, as we're making a lot of investments built on this premise.

Anyway, I'll update this thread soon, hopefully to say that I've got them restored in a beta!
Old reports / MOVED: No balloons
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 15, 2015, 11:01:59 PM »
General / Early preview of our new web site - Leave your opinions below
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 15, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »
Bitsum has been working towards rebuilding our web site to be more modern.

This new web site has been the work of Stewart J. Robinson, an excellent marketing guy, and general techie, with lots of diverse experience. He is helping to bring our products to a wider audience and, more importantly, take the load off me so that I can focus on what I do best - product development. I found Stewart working his Faster-PC business, creating guides to help people optimize their PCs. What better compliment to Process Lasso could there be?

Check it out here: https://processlasso.bitsum.com

Please let us know what *you* think! Your feedback will help shape the course of the site and it's roll-out.

WARNING: THIS NEW SITE IS NOT COMPLETE. THIS IS JUST AN EARLY PREVIEW!

Questions?

1. Will this replace the current web site?
Not entirely, but, in time it will be phased in to replace the majority of this web site.

2. Do I need new license codes?
Nope! The existing license codes, legacy systems, and Support area will remain entirely functional indefinitely, and they will continue to be used even after the new site goes live.

3. Can I get a new license code prior to the full migration (which may be a long ways off)?
Yes, just request one from stewart@bitsum.com . Note that until the site is 100% finished and goes on-line, you may be put on a waiting list.

4. Can I order from the site?
Yes, if you so choose, everything should work. Process Lasso v8.6 supports these codes. If there is any problem or glitch, we'll certainly correct if for you immediately.

5. Where are the Server licenses?
The Server and Site licenses for Process Lasso will remain at this (bitsum.com) web site initially, though will also be moved in time.
Process Lasso Releases / Process Lasso 8.6 Released
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 15, 2015, 08:52:28 PM »
Process Lasso v8.6

Changes:

8.6.0.0AdditionCoreAdd log entry to indicate if pro-only features of the governor have expired in the workstation edition
8.6.0.0AdditionLicensingAdd internet connection check prior for better error reporting when activation fails
8.6.0.0AdditionLicensingShow specific error message if next-gen license code is inactive
8.6.0.0AdditionLicensingAdd preliminary support for next-gen licensing system codes
8.6.0.0AdditionLocalizationAdd Korean to localization pack (not yet available to end users)
8.6.0.0FixGUIImprove error handling cleanup in update check code.
8.6.0.0FixGUIFix case where internet connectivity check in workstation edition left a TCP connection in CLOSE_WAIT state.
8.6.0.0FixGUIImprove startup speed and fix case where ProcessLasso.exe startup could stall a few seconds if the internet is disconnected as a connectivity check times out (now removed)
8.6.0.0FixGUIFix solicitation message not shown at first startup for unlicensed users
8.6.0.0FixGUIFix very small non-repetitive memory leak in connectivity check code (didn't accumulate)
8.6.0.0FixCoreImprove interoperability with latest NIS version
8.6.0.0FixLicensingFix issue where some users had to enter their activation code again (this can also be caused by bad registry cleaners)
8.6.0.0FixUninstallFix case where 'Bitsum Highest Performance' power plan is not removed if the user had manually engaged when they uninstalled Process Lasso
8.6.0.0ChangeGUISet window title to 'Process Lasso Pro' to more clearly demarcate the Pro edition. Occurs instantly after product activation.
8.6.0.0ChangeBuildUpdate to latest version of WinRAR
8.6.0.0ChangeLicensingImprove connectivity check to include database accessibility
8.6.0.0ChangeLicensingExtend advanced feature evaluation to 14 days for workstation build
8.6.0.0ChangeLocalizationUpdate Italian, German, and Japanese

Feature Requests / Re: No balloons
« Last post by ellison on July 15, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
@Jeremy..
Thank you Jeremy for your reply...
I think its a great idea,that the ballons might once again be intergrated,and off by default.
Thank you once again for your wonderful program...
@edkiefer
Hello edkiefer..
I am a long term user of PL and before that mousers  - although it is clear process lasso's superiority to process tamer - it   which i still love because of its simplicity.That and PL were the pioneers of this cpu taming technology (that Ive noticed a few companys have tried to copy)but Jeremy has taken it far beyond what most people imagined it could become .The information balloons were always part of the experience and for the geek ,essential.I know times change and tastes change ,but its always nice to still have that original experience ,if required. :)

Ellison
« Last post by edkiefer on July 15, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »
Any feedback on suggestions Jeremy?.im starting to get embarrassed bringing up this balloon thing all the time ,but to be honest I personally find it more useful than the smarttrim thing,because most pcs/laptops these days have more than enough ram anyway.Sorry to sound like a victor meldrew,but Ive been waiting 2 yrs+ for the reintroduction of the balloons again,and I feel a lot of the work is going into stuff like smarttrim ,which may not be so important these days.Sorry for the gripes but id rather a no we are not going to do the balloons again or  some sort of date when they are back?
Thanks for your great program
ellison
Hi elison .
Feedback is always welcome , either good or bad . You have to realize PL has to be flexible with features for wide client base , not all features will be important to all users . It just the way it is .
Now with balloons, the problem is many don't like them, or so many and it is hard to be very flexible though it can be done i am sure (similar to log options) .

There a lot going on in background with PL and bisum, Jeremy is one guy, so he has to prioritize changes . I don't think it is a case no balloons will be back but just to get it so its not a overload of pop-ups all the time .
Your above request though, I am not sure how all that data would work with balloons, its one thing to bring back what was there, but your request is a lot more.
That said, I am not the Dev so, I know its already been long time but hang in there i am sure something can be done .
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 15, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »
I do apologize for the long wait on this. It's been an area of contention. The issue is balloon traffic. So much is happening, so much going on, that the infrastructure to show events gets a bit complex, and requires a lot of settings to toggle on or off specific types of events. For instance, if a user's PC had 1 ProBalance restraint an hour, no problem there.. but what about the next guy who might have 100 per hour - that would get excessive. Similar with every other feature. It's just a tough issue to tackle well for *everyone*.

So, here's what I'll do... not in the final that's coming today, 8.6.. but prior to v9.0. That puts it at 30-60 days. I'll reintroduce the balloons with them toggled OFF by default, so that users have to turn them ON to use them. That way I don't have to deal with the problematic cases right off the bat and can let those who want balloon notifications have them.

There is also another plan in action which I can't get into, but will reveal itself in probably the same time-span, or a little longer... but may address your desires.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10