Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Ed just mentioned to me that you use a Startup Delay application.

What these kinds of applications do is force other programs to delay before they auto-start.

Could that be what you are seeing?
Bug Reports / Re: Problems in XP 32-bit [One fixed by Options reset, other pending]
« Last post by amid525 on August 19, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
The system tray icon is ProcessLasso.exe, not ProcessGovernor.exe . So, let's take ProcessGovernor.exe out of the equation, I think you just misunderstood the fact that it is *not* responsible for the system tray icon.

In practice, (it shows in the Task Manager video) icon on the taskbar will only appear after you start ProcessGovernor.exe !!

p.s
I do not know what you've done with prolasso after version 6.0.0.98, but before that, everything worked and run fast!
 :-\
The system tray icon is ProcessLasso.exe, not ProcessGovernor.exe . So, let's take ProcessGovernor.exe out of the equation, I think you just misunderstood the fact that it is *not* responsible for the system tray icon.

As for any delay on the startup load of ProcessLasso.exe, it may have something to do with the install order.

Behavior changes since v6 are certainly also possible, but if so, they are there for a good reason.

You should ask why it is important to have the system tray icon show up before other processes that start at user login? Note that the governor will begin enforcing rules as soon as it is loaded in the background.

For these reasons, I don't believe this is any critical problem. You can always use v6 if you choose.
Bug Reports / Re: Problems in XP 32-bit [One fixed by Options reset, other pending]
« Last post by amid525 on August 19, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
during boot windows, prolasso loaded for a long time, the last (the icon appears in the system tray).
In version 6.0.0.98 prolasso loaded the very first!
Oh ok, after *system* start, that helps define the problem. We (or I) thought you meant *after* processgovernor.exe starts, there was some delay.

The ordering of startup processes is determined by the OS. In XP, we start via a registry key like most other applications.

If you want it to start before user login, you can install the governor as a service. Otherwise, you should be content with it starting as soon as the OS gets around to launching it.

There may be some way to re-order the XP startup items by adjusting the ordering of the registry values, but I'll have to research that to give you a for-sure answer.
« Last post by amid525 on August 19, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
How are you observing the delay in processgovernor.exe?
In the last video, in the Task Manager shows how processgovernor.exe long not appear after starting ..
How are you observing the delay in processgovernor.exe? If it's not starting instaneously, how do you know, given that it has no window to go with it?

I am asking because it may be:

1. Appearance only
2. The startup order

Of course, ProcessLasso.exe is a different story.
« Last post by amid525 on August 19, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »
removed at the time of the program that you specified. Nothing changed.  The problem last prolasso For Xp   :-\
Process Lasso / Re: EIS 10 Consuming CPU Power Due to PL
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 19, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »
I think your guess that the GUI is triggering EIS's tamper detection is right. Can you give me a run-down of EIS process names? Otherwise, we will of course research ourselves, but this may save time.

Thanks!
Process Lasso / Re: EIS 10 Consuming CPU Power Due to PL
« Last post by edkiefer on August 19, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »
Sorry for that, I am a bit losing my mind, so I somehow can't focus on many thing. :P
Hey, NP, thanks for input, I miss things too  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]