Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bug Reports / Re: PL update notification in Windows 10
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 24, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »
Well, as you has told which function it is trying to fix, then I know how to find it.(at least for me) ;)
And of cause it is better that just PM Hotrod and ask for it, unless you know how to read the batch, and make sure it is not doing something evil. :P

And ya, did you facing lag with Windows Defender? :)

As I know, many user still facing the old issues, which will hang for 5 mins when opening a folder with a lot of exe.
And also new issues, which somehow lagging the computer by keep scanning on the background, and causing stutter when loading files/software.
Bug Reports / Registry problems in Windows 10
« Last post by Hotrod on August 24, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
I have been encountering a few minor registry entries in Windows 10 that impede desktop operations. I have found by searching that many users are having the same issues depending on the precise device they upgraded. I have found some legitimate fixes which involve someone else's batch file to edit the registry(since most users don't have good registry editing skills). I do not want to post these here without Jeremy looking them over and possibly releasing something he knows to be safe. These have been tried on 2 of my existing systems and they appear to work well. The first is the loss of the windows defender notification icon in the systray. I have 2 files which will enable or disable this respectively. Only a few systems are experiencing this one. The second is the loss of all systray icon tooltip balloons(even PL). I have a file that resets the notification icon cache which causes it to be recreated anew. This fixed all tooltips for me. Please contact and advise me if you want to view these and possibly create a forum thread documenting registry issues as they will probably keep popping up(pun intended).  ;D
ParkControl / Re: Early alpha preview of ParkControl PRO
« Last post by edkiefer on August 24, 2015, 12:56:55 PM »
Confirm it is fixed, and found a new bug.

Step to reproduce:
1.Right click on the Tray Icon
2.Left click somewhere else

You should found that the context menu still showing, and right clicking on Tray Icon will stop working
(not close the old context menu and open a new one), until you clicking on Open or Exit.
---
There is also a bug that I can't reproduce, which is the CPU usage(or the CPU usage refresh interval) just hang, and showing 100% every 5 seconds, then 0% CPU usage for 5 seconds.
confirm, context menu stays up .
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 24, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »
Confirm it is fixed, and found a new bug.

Step to reproduce:
1.Right click on the Tray Icon
2.Left click somewhere else

You should found that the context menu still showing, and right clicking on Tray Icon will stop working(not close the old context menu and open a new one), until you clicking on Open or Exit.
---
There is also a bug that I can't reproduce, which is the CPU usage(or the CPU usage refresh interval) just hang, and showing 100% every 5 seconds, then 0% CPU usage for 5 seconds.
General / Re: Vista Multimedia Scheduler Configuration Tool
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 24, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
I can run this software on Windows 10, and it did showing the value as it should be.
Just I am not sure did they has added new Task or not, and I attached the picture if you want to compare. :)
---
Just checked again, the Background Priority are missing for most of them, not sure what's happen... :P
General / Re: Windows 10 update
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 24, 2015, 12:23:45 PM »
Look like Java 8u60 has released on 20th, sorry for not catching up. :)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
General / Vista Multimedia Scheduler Configuration Tool
« Last post by chris635 on August 23, 2015, 11:29:41 PM »
Is this little tool here still applicable to windows 10? I did use while on on windows 7.
General / Re: Watch Dog for volume shadow copy service
« Last post by chris635 on August 23, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
Awesome!
General / Re: Watch Dog for volume shadow copy service
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 23, 2015, 07:52:34 PM »
Yes, I need to add a rule to do X when process Y shuts down. That's not really a big problem, so I'll see what I can do going forward!
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 23, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »
Understood. I've added a new synchronization object that *might* affect what you see. Otherwise, I must be on the wrong track and need to re-evaluate. Me and Ed still don't see it, so it's quite confusing. And your reproduction steps are really simple, hence me assuming it has to be a timing issue. Please try 0.0.1.8 when you get a chance.

v0.0.1.8:

1. added synchronization object for lbuttonup, potential fix for duplicate dialogs
2. bring existing window to foreground if the user tries to open an already open dialog

More work pending, but we'll be to a stable final in no time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10