Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Process Lasso / Re: EIS 10 Consuming CPU Power Due to PL
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 21, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »
I added the a2start.exe tamper-exclusion in v8.8 final, which is building now. It may or may not have any impact on Emisoft's issues, but better safe than sorry. Thanks!

And note that security software often treats 'common' task managers like Process Explorer a bit differently, so it's not necessarily a valid test.
Bug Reports / Re: Automatic Update
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 21, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »
It'll be a bit before I get it in, but I'll work on it as part of the new shared (multi-app) code base I'm building. It's really not that hard, I'll just download a list of file hashes first, then check the file against that list.
ParkControl / Re: Early alpha preview of ParkControl PRO
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 21, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
Posted build v0.0.1.4 alpha just now.

- Fixes start at user login (was running in dialog mode, not system tray mode)
- Other minor

« Last post by edkiefer on August 21, 2015, 09:53:51 AM »
Do you get similar results if you run Process explorer ?

That might show if EIS affects that to.
Feature Requests / Mark or highlight certain services
« Last post by coen99 on August 21, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »
hello,

first of all I really like your software!

I'm testing many different software tools, I would like to compare there use of PC mem/cpu/hdd etc..
Therefore it would be great to seperate or at least highlight the software/services so I can compare them easily realtime and in time.

Anyway, just an idea ;)

Keep up the good work.
Cheerz
« Last post by XhenEd on August 21, 2015, 08:04:49 AM »
I actually did add the two processes you listed in the most recent beta, 8.7.0.5 beta.

There may be other Emisoft processes though? If you can check any log Emisoft has, that may tell us what it's triggering on.

Thanks!
Actually, there is one. :D I forgot about this one because it closes when the GUI is put to the tray. :D
a2start.exe

But, there is no problem already. I think PL can't do anything to stop the CPU usage of EIS.
I think it's by design of EIS to monitor every process. Since PL constantly looks at processes, EIS might also be constantly looking at PL's behavior. I already put the PL's processes into exclusion of EIS, but the problem is still there. So, I think the problem is with EIS, not with PL. I checked the "Don't alert when this file changes" in the Application rule for PL in EIS. After that, all is well even if PL's GUI is on.

But, of course, correct me if I'm wrong.  ;D
« Last post by parkd1 on August 21, 2015, 12:08:27 AM »
I second that. Good idea.
Bug Reports / Re: PL update notification in Windows 10
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 10:31:49 PM »
Yea, that's the one I'm talking about. I should have clarified that it's so far largely ignored on the PC. For mobile devices running Windows 10, it's much harder to ignore.
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »
I could do some sort of post-download verification, that's not a bad idea at all. It adds a little complexity, but not much. I'd just need to find the time to implement it. Good idea BenYeeHua!
ParkControl / Early alpha preview of ParkControl PRO
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 20, 2015, 09:57:54 PM »
Since I've NOT yet completed all functionality, I'm keeping the status ALPHA. I've still got lots of little polishing to do, so we're not ready for testing and bug reports. This is just a preview.

However, the bulk of the code base, installer, and all the mechanisms that make things work are done and should function well. Perhaps it takes a programmer to appreciate that it's all 'together' and ready to quickly be built-up from here.

The system tray icon dynamically changes depending on the core parking state.

The dialog can be opened any time, the same ParkControl dialog you've seen before.

The installer should auto-correct for the right bit-size, but here are the distinct builds:

32-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/beta/parkcontrolsetup32.exe
64-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/beta/parkcontrolsetup64.exe

The list of remaining polishing chores is too big to list here, but if you notice something, rest assured it's *already* on my list. In other words, please don't - YET. We'll be in beta territory soon enough.

We are still set for a final release next week, at which time I'll assign activation codes and such.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10