Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Bug Reports / Re: The log will getting spam by a crashing software [ACCEPTED]
« Last post by BenYeeHua on July 22, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
Ok, now I  understand, I have never seen that but I also don't have a lot of crashing/not responding processes ever happening.

If you have a test exe that is easy to reproduce maybe zip it up and send to Jeremy.
Well, too bad I deleted(overwrite) that code, but I think it may only happen if some software is connected with the crashed process, like CodeBlock? :)

It is midnight at here, so I may just looking for code that crash the software, and try to run it, to see did it happen or not. ::)

« Last post by edkiefer on July 22, 2016, 06:32:16 AM »
Ok, now I  understand, I have never seen that but I also don't have a lot of crashing/not responding processes ever happening.

If you have a test exe that is easy to reproduce maybe zip it up and send to Jeremy.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on July 22, 2016, 01:39:18 AM »
Ok, I see but its not PL that is causing the process to crash/not responding , right
Its just the only way to can tell it happening.
Yes, but it is PL hanging the process of processing the crashed process... Unless I closed PL, or the process will keep crashed and hidden in the Task Manager...

So you can't do anything to the *.exe, as it is still "running", you can only close PL to let the Windows continue handle the crashed processes.

I wonder how many users has notice this issues, as the log has been disabled as default, and I found it by compile and run a software, but the software crashed, and suddenly CodeBlock telling me it don't has access to the *.exe.
Then I open the PL and see the log is spamming, but I can't found it in the Process List, and also in the Windows Task Manager to end the crashed process, the only way is close PL governor. :P
« Last post by edkiefer on July 20, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »
Ok, I see but its not PL that is causing the process to crash/not responding , right
Its just the only way to can tell it happening.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on July 20, 2016, 08:35:36 PM »
I don't follow how if you have termination processes off in logging, how logs can get spammed.
IMO log process terminations  and log process launches should be left disabled unless your doing some testing/debugging, for normal usage off.
Ok, then you means if I off the termination processes in logging, will it not hanging any process that crashed and hidden? :)
Because if I just off the log but PL still hanging the crashed processes, then I can't know about it, because it is not shown in Windows Task Manager, or any other Task Manager anymore... :P
Process Lasso Releases / Process Lasso v8.9.8.36 Released
« Last post by edkiefer on July 20, 2016, 06:30:12 PM »
Process Lasso v8.9.8.36

Changes:

8.9.3.2ChangeGUIImprovement to handling of issue with some ‘cleaning’ software that wipes out Process Lasso’s application data storage folder while in use
8.9.3.2FixGUIFixed issue with auto-retries on config file open, intended to support temporarily inaccessible remote paths, as they could cause Lasso GUI menu delays if the config folder is wiped out (an abnormal error condition caused by poorly written third-party cleansing software).
8.9.3.2ChangeCoreCore Adjust ProBalance known process awareness database
8.9.3.2ChangeBuildReduce disk and virtual memory size by removing unnecessary high resolution renditions of some icons

« Last post by edkiefer on July 20, 2016, 06:42:44 AM »
Interesting.

For now, the crashed process is gone, it will be hidden in Process Lasso, and also Windows Task Manager.
But the log still spamming inside the log, I wonder which Windows 10 update has changed this behave, and why MS choose to hide the crashed process, so you can't kill it manually. ???

So the only ways that left is just close Process Lasso... :P
---
And ya, I think this issues should be fixed, but not hide the log, because it has becoming worst.
It is not hanging on this state anymore...

So it is not a simple logging anomaly, the process is indeed crashed, and it should be exit, but instead that, it is still hidden and "running", you can't run the same *.exe anymore.
You also can't do any delete or modify on the *.exe, because it is still "running". :P

So, unless you close/restart Process Lasso, or you will having more and more crashed "running" process being hidden in the darkness... :o

PS: I found this when I written a c++ program that somehow the compiler accept my if loop mistake and running for crashing. ::)
PS2: It should be fine for program that design to running more than 1 process, but it is still not good for biting the memory. :)
I don't follow how if you have termination processes off in logging, how logs can get spammed.
IMO log process terminations  and log process launches should be left disabled unless your doing some testing/debugging, for normal usage off.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on July 20, 2016, 01:22:45 AM »
Interesting.

For now, the crashed process is gone, it will be hidden in Process Lasso, and also Windows Task Manager.
But the log still spamming inside the log, I wonder which Windows 10 update has changed this behave, and why MS choose to hide the crashed process, so you can't kill it manually. ???

So the only ways that left is just close Process Lasso... :P
---
And ya, I think this issues should be fixed, but not hide the log, because it has becoming worst.
It is not hanging on this state anymore...

The cause is a logging anomaly when a process is in the in-between state of crashing, during the crash dialog or 'Windows is searching for solutions' dialog.

So it is not a simple logging anomaly, the process is indeed crashed, and it should be exit, but instead that, it is still hidden and "running", you can't run the same *.exe anymore.
You also can't do any delete or modify on the *.exe, because it is still "running". :P

So, unless you close/restart Process Lasso, or you will having more and more crashed "running" process being hidden in the darkness... :o

PS: I found this when I written a c++ program that somehow the compiler accept my if loop mistake and running for crashing. ::)
PS2: It should be fine for program that design to running more than 1 process, but it is still not good for biting the memory. :)
General / Re: Multi-OS boot manager
« Last post by BenYeeHua on July 20, 2016, 01:04:58 AM »
Well, I will choose to ignore the error, unless I can make sure I would not get any issues while upgrading Windows 10 RS1 or any big build. ;)

For freeware, sorry, I really don't know about this. ;D
General / Multi-OS boot manager
« Last post by bertie97 on July 19, 2016, 10:59:27 AM »
I am wondering if anyone can recommend a boot manager?
I have looked at OSL2000 Boot Manager & Terabytes BootIt Bare Metal - both of which sound ideal.
Any freeware tho?

Basically I have 2 disks - one with W7 & one with W10, I'd like to be able to boot them entirely separately but due to the disc format/UEFI on this mobo they don't really seem to like the selection process available in the BIOS (eg random whining about wrong boot loader version etc) so I figure an independent boot manager would sort out the niggles.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10