Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Pro and Intel Management Engine
« Last post by edkiefer on June 17, 2014, 08:32:34 AM »
ok, so this is not Intel ME driver , I have 9.5.10.1658  version ME installed but never did any firmware updates, or for that matter bios updates  (I only update if there a issue or poor performance) .
It sounds like he is talking about Intel ME component driver

For Asus Z77 MB they have a firmware update (8.1) for win* mainly , and they have 8.1 ME driver , this is on there site, they don't add newer stuff but I have ME 9.5 that came with XTU . I don't use sleep but tried it and did have issue, that is why I am now wondering . You would think the driver is backwards compatible .

Anyway, seems he solved his issue ok .
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 17, 2014, 07:33:18 AM »
I'm guessing Gigabyte forgot to update the Intel ME bios in the Motherboard's bios before posting online!
No.
Intel ME bios can only update by using Intel ME firmware update, not by updating Gigabyte Motherboard's BIOS, the ME firmware is not inside the Motherboard BIOS. ;)
« Last post by edkiefer on June 17, 2014, 06:39:59 AM »
so the problem was you installed a newer Intel ME driver than what the bios supports ?
I wouldn't think that would hurt, you'd think the driver would check firmware version and pick best support driver, kind of like chipset drivers .

Anyway ,glad you sorted what was cause .
« Last post by ckit on June 17, 2014, 05:06:44 AM »
Finally fixed this, Gigabyte was to blame!

My computer has Intel ME bios 8.10 installed with the latest Beta bios for the Mobo and Gigabyte's website has Intel ME 9.5 drivers available? It wasn't until I uninstalled Intel ME 9.5 drivers, rebooted and let Windows fetch drivers from Windows Update did I get the older Intel ME 8.10 drivers. Now when my computer wakes from sleep there are no yellow marks on Intel Management Engine!

I'm guessing Gigabyte forgot to update the Intel ME bios in the Motherboard's bios before posting online!

Moral of the story, don't buy anything of Gigabytes!
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Crash / Restart on Maximise
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 15, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »
It can be both, as Windows 64-bit disallow Antivirus to hook the kernel anymore, so while Bitdefender trying to improve the security via other ways, it can just broke the other software, and so did the other antivirus.
So far some antivirus using virtualization to running the system inside the virtualization, but this is not very good, there are many driver will be broken if you are running with virtualization.
For example, AMD can't support DXVA to hardware acceleration decode.

This has a better explanation than me, you can just read about it.
+ Does Zemana AntiLogger 64-bit provide the same level of protection as the 32-bit edition?

Almost. At present all AntiLogger modules are fully functional under 64-bit systems, except for the screen capture module, which provides only basic protection. Our engineering team is currently working to develop the screen capture module to be 64-bit compatible and, when ready, the module will be released with our regular product updates.

What does this mean? You still get protection against the most dangerous threats, such as key loggers and SSL banker Trojans; but until the module is ready, we would advise our customers who use 64-bit computers NOT to enter passwords and other sensitive information through on-screen virtual keyboards unless they are positive that the application providing the on-screen keyboard protects it really well.

+ How is Windows 8 different and what does it mean for me?

Starting with Windows 8 64-bit, Microsoft effectively closed any third party software from funning at Kernel level, in the systemʼs core. This is where our sensors are based. In other words, this part of your computer is now guarded by your Windows 8.

Does this mean you are immune to information stealing malware? Not exactly. To ensure protection on Windows 8 64-bit computers, we have added keystroke encryption functionality, advanced protection against SSL intruding financial malware and signature-based detection of information stealing malware. This gives you a hybrid protection, combining a number of defense mechanisms and ensures your system is safe.

http://www.zemana.com/support/antilogger/

Anyways, if you remember when Process Lasso start having issues, just check the update log of you AV, if the time match, then it should be the AV is a bit over on security and break some software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_Patch_Protection
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_virtualization
« Last post by thegilpins on June 15, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
Process Lasso has worked for months without issue for me and it is only recently it has been an issue with Bitdefender AV. It may also be a Windows 8.1 64 bit specific issue and not affect all Bitdefender AV users.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 15, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
Thank for the info, I hope there is not too much user facing this crash, even some user like me will go to the forum, and look did there are other people is having the same issues or not, but it don't means most of them that using BitDefender AV. :)

I start thinking that, should I recommend user that facing issues, first try is adding ProcessLasso into the exception AV or not...
BugTrack / Re: unable to disable logging in Process Lasso 6.8.0.4
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 15, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »
If you know, sometimes you need some lucks to found some hidden bugs. ;D
Normally we just test by doing the daily use, which mostly is the default setting works or not, and most of the time, it is already tested by the dev. :)
« Last post by thegilpins on June 15, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
I think I have solved it. Bitdefender AV seems to be the culprit. I have added processlasso.exe as an exception to Bitdefender AV and I am getting no more crashes.

Thanks for your help.
BugTrack / Re: unable to disable logging in Process Lasso 6.8.0.4
« Last post by anthropos on June 15, 2014, 12:15:34 PM »
Glad to be of any help, although it was mostly a coincidence.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10