Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
yeh, that is odd, sounds like something is set to aggressive.

One, note with networking and general updates , If you happen to be running latest Nvidia driver (368.xx) there seems to be a issue with updates (WU/Wstore).
It has to do with if you modify your global profile. I know that sounds odd but main point is MFAA option seems to be causing the issue.

Don't want to get off topic, but mention it.
Also malwarebytes anti malware is having a problem with it killing the connection for outlook to the exchange server after sometime (the time is completely random). I have to disable malicious website protection, then turn it back on for it to work right. Then I start the cycle all over again. I am currently working with them to try and figure this out, as there are several people having the same problem with outlook 2016. I mention this because it seems problems have been occurring with anything malwarebytes right now. This could be what is also contributing to the anti ransome ware product problem with process lasso. Just more food for thought and trouble shooting.
Thanks Chris, though I don't think that's it. There is another factor.

MB could not reproduce the problem on their end either and has tentatively decided it is due to 'low resource availability' (too little RAM). I am not convinced of that, but also haven't reproduced it, so just don't know at this point.

Cant be ram. I have 16gb of it. LOL
could it be a memory leak over time or high handle count affecting it.

Seems weird that it would need time, unless its trigger is some specific task/process that needs to run to trigger issue.
Feature Requests / Re: ini files
« Last post by edkiefer on June 24, 2016, 10:15:50 AM »
Sure. I use flightsims a lot and I have an INI file which puts the flightsim program on its own cores leaving the other cores to manage the other tasks. Works well for me. However, on normal use I want Prolasso to manage the affinities etc. on all cores.

Also would be great to have the INI file have the ability to shutdown certain processes with the flightsim working and then turn them back on after the program is closed.

Shez
Ok, got it, I have seen a you-tube vid where user did advanced configuring of affinities to get flightsim running with least interaction from other processes.

There has been talk of advanced rules but i am not sure where it stands in priority of Dev work.
Jeremy would have to chime in for that.
« Last post by sheza on June 24, 2016, 09:43:56 AM »
Sure. I use flightsims a lot and I have an INI file which puts the flightsim program on its own cores leaving the other cores to manage the other tasks. Works well for me. However, on normal use I want Prolasso to manage the affinities etc. on all cores.

Also would be great to have the INI file have the ability to shutdown certain processes with the flightsim working and then turn them back on after the program is closed.

Shez
Thanks Chris, though I don't think that's it. There is another factor.

MB could not reproduce the problem on their end either and has tentatively decided it is due to 'low resource availability' (too little RAM). I am not convinced of that, but also haven't reproduced it, so just don't know at this point.
Process Lasso / MOVED: ini files
« Last post by edkiefer on June 24, 2016, 08:34:03 AM »
« Last post by edkiefer on June 24, 2016, 08:33:06 AM »
New owner. Great program. Love tinkering with it.

Request: Can we have a way of choosing the INI files on startup and with certain programs? I have set CPU affinities for individual programs and default but I have to keep manually switching the INI file.

Thanks

Shez
Ok, Just so I understand right.
You would like a profile type manager (user configurable ) and also have program priority to a certain profile.

I have to ask, can you give simple example of where you need to alter , have you really tried the default , with minimal user edits on affinity ?
I only ask this cause Probalance does good job of adjusting priority dynamically.
Feature Requests / ini files
« Last post by sheza on June 24, 2016, 06:01:41 AM »
New owner. Great program. Love tinkering with it.

Request: Can we have a way of choosing the INI files on startup and with certain programs? I have set CPU affinities for individual programs and default but I have to keep manually switching the INI file.

Thanks

Shez
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10