Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
ParkControl / Re: ParkControl Pro crashes when right clicking
« Last post by BenYeeHua on April 18, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
So nearly 2 week since last post, any news? :)
And GPU driver is a mess(Android is even worst than Windows), so that's why many software only use CPU, not GPU. :P

Funny thing, switching from Chrome to IE will reduce a lot of CPU stress too, just IE supported partial adblock that is high performance.
You can use Adblock for IE, but I don't recommend that as it also use a lot of CPU.
Reset the IE before using it, so that there is no other strange Active-X add-on is eating the CPU. :)

Here is the TPL for IE, you may want to Inspect element the "Add: LINK" and change HTTP into HTTPS, so that it is safe for getting latest adblock list. ;)
https://dayngo.com/static/filter.html
Feature Requests / Re: Suspension of apps
« Last post by BenYeeHua on April 18, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »
Or just reporting this issues to AIDA if you don't want to switch to another software, as they might just fix it. :)
General / Re: svchost madness
« Last post by BenYeeHua on April 18, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »
Well, Windows Update is a mess on Windows 7 as there is too much update/patch in the system.
(on my parent's laptop, it keep downloading something about Office each time the laptop boot)
And I guess for Windows 10, their solution is bump the version and upgrade the windows 10 with new ESD(similar to ISO that has high compress rate), so it minimized the Windows Update history that need to be scan and reduce this issues. ;)
Feature Requests / Re: Automatic Force Reboot when PC freeze
« Last post by BenYeeHua on April 18, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »
Well, if you means freeze and only your mouse can/can't moving, but no I/O operation(read/write) can happen, and your software is getting frozen one by one, then it is at least 2 anti-virus/malware are conflicting each other. ;)
Process Lasso / Re: Error when trying to activate software
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on April 15, 2016, 03:32:49 PM »
Thanks, I realized after I posted that I need to make a couple other in-product modifications. This means that it may take the next update before this all starts working (so you'll have to update before it works). So, the work here goes on, but it will be resolved soon.

How long I'll care about XP, I don't know, but there does still seem to be plenty of people using it. I went to school with a guy who refused to upgrade from Windows 95. To each his own. I personally love change, so like seeing the latest OS offerings, even if they aren't always on target (e.g. Vista and Win8). I find Windows 10 to be pretty damn nice, and I know people can debate that, but that's my opinion, and the opinion of many. Those who worry about it's telemetry (privacy) ironically forget their cloud connected cell phones and such. Microsoft doesn't get a fair shake when it comes to critics sometimes.
Well, in it's default state, it's using the GPU to help render the desktop, which is probably it's only big use. I am not aware of any other users, though there may be.

GPUs are best when you need to perform a mathematical operation on a large set of numbers. So, yes, it certainly can be advantageous sometimes. However, it's not a CPU, and wasn't designed to replace a CPU for most traditional application tasks.
I'm afraid this is not possible. Use of the GPU or CPU is programatically locked depending on the design of the application. In other words, the programmer has to choose which to use, and this can't be later changed.

On this topic, do you know how much, if anything at all, for example Windows 10 is utlizing the gpu for tasks other than rendering graphics? Afaik, gpus are far superior to cpus when it comes to certain types of calculations (cuda/opencl comes to mind, for example)?
« Last post by Hotrod on April 15, 2016, 01:52:28 AM »
My XP systems are still stuck at 8.9.6.8 the last manual update done, while my Win10 systems are at 8.9.7.6.
« Last post by Hotrod on April 14, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »
I had noticed this on my XP machines but after manually updating successfully one or two times I had wondered if maybe this was intentional since XP doesn't gain much from some of the more recent features. I will try an auto-update later this evening and report back on it's success or failure. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]