Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
BugTrack / Re: unable to disable logging in Process Lasso 6.8.0.4
« Last post by anthropos on June 15, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »
Sorry, I was away the last days and not on my other machine, so I had not the chance to upload the other dll list. Maybe the topic title and my wording are misleading as I never specified if I only see one type of events in the log or all types of events.
Till now I only see the action "ProBalance restraint ended", so I think it could be the same bug as I just checked if the log is active.
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Crash / Restart on Maximise
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 14, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »
Because Start8 has hook the DLL into Process Lasso, and sometimes the crash is caused by third-part dll.

I found 2 dll has been hook into it, which is.
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00244_028\avcuf64.dll
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Start8\Start8_64.dll

So it is better that try remove that hook, then see did Process Lasso continue to crash or not.
And just a question, you tried to reset Process Lasso setting, and it is still happen, right? :)

And ya, it can be some system issues too, if after you make sure anti-virus and start8 is no longer hook.
There are many case that caused by broken system, and I choose to exclude the dll crash first, as this is the most easy one. ;)
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Crash / Restart on Maximise
« Last post by thegilpins on June 14, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »
Hi, Start8 is already up to date. I have process lasso on two Windows 8.1 PC's that both have Start8 installed and it works fine on the other so I am not sure that is the answer.

Why did you suggest start8 as being the potential cause of the issue?

Thanks
BugTrack / Re: mscorsvw.exe
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 13, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
Sometimes(rare) this function will un-tick for me too, and I don't know why, it can be some change on newer PL version will reset the setting for that function. :)
BugTrack / Re: mscorsvw.exe
« Last post by parkd1 on June 13, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
Ok I got it to show. lol Found in the under the main menu. Manage processes of all users. How did I miss that lol lol Now Mscorsvw.exe shows up.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 12, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
I only get "Probalance restraint ended" logs with logging disabled.
Thank for the info, as least we know 3 of us is the same bug, and it is not about windows language, which is a good news I guess. :)

So I guess the OP is having difference bug, or just don't observe correctly?
Because he said that
Process Lasso still logs everything it does
And normally user only has Restraint log enabled, so you know. ;)
« Last post by offchu on June 12, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
I only get "Probalance restraint ended" logs with logging disabled.
« Last post by edkiefer on June 12, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
Yes, the others need to comment whats being logged with it disabled, if there getting other logging to .
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 12, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »
Yup, so at least the "Probalance restraint ended" log is easy to reproduce, but I wonder did the logging can't be disable(which is mostly the topic saying about) is the same bug or not.
« Last post by edkiefer on June 12, 2014, 10:10:34 AM »
I cleared the log and disabled log and within a hr or so I get "Probalance restraint ended" logs only .
Mainly from my browser , alt-tabing it .
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]