Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Ah, very interesting. Thanks much for the info. Too bad this functionality hasn't been available earlier (and even now)!

Could there be anything done now to workaround the issue? For example, there's a Firefox addon called "BarTab" that unloads idle tabs after a certain period of activity. When you eventually jump back to an unloaded tab, it's an empty/blank page, but then automatically starts loading the page it was on before unloading.

In my experience, however, it seemed unclear if it was actually having a benefit of lightening the resource load. Would this theoretically work to get around the issue? I may take this on as a personal project, if so.
Unload the idle tabs did helps the CPU Usage, but it don't helps Memory Usage as Firefox will cache the data for reopen it back faster.
So if your slow down is caused by the GC(which is depend on Memory Usage, more Memory Usage=slower), I think you can only get a fast CPU and RAM to speed up the GC process, or just restart Firefox to unload the tabs, with "Don’t load tabs until selected" ticked, and using Restartless to restart. :)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/restartless-restart/
BugTrack / Re: unable to disable logging in Process Lasso 6.8.0.4
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 15, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
Thank for the info, and I think no need to upload the DLL list, as it is a bug with Process Lasso.
And thank for reporting it early, so we know it is a bug that happen after this beta.  :)

So, this bug is about the "ProBalance restraint ended" keep logging, even logging is disabled.
I would first see if less tabs helps , or see if any one tab is causing a lag .
I found that BF4 web site (battlelog) was causing issues .
1) it has a background image script running that eats CPU% ,especially if you have hardware acceleration off in browser (FF) .
Second I was getting delays in mouse wheel and other input (delayed menus etc) with this tab (BF4 open) even though i was not on that tab .

So see if you can track it down and try not having that tab always running .
Firefox?
It is because main thread is getting blocked by rendering or JS engine of the content/page you are browsing, and you can only wait until e10s and other thing like OMTC(which is landed on Nightly, and waiting more feature like APZ) coming to released version.

Until e10s+OMTC+other OMTx is coming, there is nothing much we can do. :P
(of cause you can change your browser to IE11 or Google Chrome to get the similar snappy feature too)

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/OffMainThreadCompositing
http://benoitgirard.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/off-main-thread-compositing-omtc-and-why-it-matters/
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/APZ

Ah, very interesting. Thanks much for the info. Too bad this functionality hasn't been available earlier (and even now)!

Could there be anything done now to workaround the issue? For example, there's a Firefox addon called "BarTab" that unloads idle tabs after a certain period of activity. When you eventually jump back to an unloaded tab, it's an empty/blank page, but then automatically starts loading the page it was on before unloading.

In my experience, however, it seemed unclear if it was actually having a benefit of lightening the resource load. Would this theoretically work to get around the issue? I may take this on as a personal project, if so.
« Last post by anthropos on June 15, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »
Sorry, I was away the last days and not on my other machine, so I had not the chance to upload the other dll list. Maybe the topic title and my wording are misleading as I never specified if I only see one type of events in the log or all types of events.
Till now I only see the action "ProBalance restraint ended", so I think it could be the same bug as I just checked if the log is active.
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Crash / Restart on Maximise
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 14, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »
Because Start8 has hook the DLL into Process Lasso, and sometimes the crash is caused by third-part dll.

I found 2 dll has been hook into it, which is.
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00244_028\avcuf64.dll
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Start8\Start8_64.dll

So it is better that try remove that hook, then see did Process Lasso continue to crash or not.
And just a question, you tried to reset Process Lasso setting, and it is still happen, right? :)

And ya, it can be some system issues too, if after you make sure anti-virus and start8 is no longer hook.
There are many case that caused by broken system, and I choose to exclude the dll crash first, as this is the most easy one. ;)
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Crash / Restart on Maximise
« Last post by thegilpins on June 14, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »
Hi, Start8 is already up to date. I have process lasso on two Windows 8.1 PC's that both have Start8 installed and it works fine on the other so I am not sure that is the answer.

Why did you suggest start8 as being the potential cause of the issue?

Thanks
BugTrack / Re: mscorsvw.exe
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 13, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
Sometimes(rare) this function will un-tick for me too, and I don't know why, it can be some change on newer PL version will reset the setting for that function. :)
BugTrack / Re: mscorsvw.exe
« Last post by parkd1 on June 13, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
Ok I got it to show. lol Found in the under the main menu. Manage processes of all users. How did I miss that lol lol Now Mscorsvw.exe shows up.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 12, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
I only get "Probalance restraint ended" logs with logging disabled.
Thank for the info, as least we know 3 of us is the same bug, and it is not about windows language, which is a good news I guess. :)

So I guess the OP is having difference bug, or just don't observe correctly?
Because he said that
Process Lasso still logs everything it does
And normally user only has Restraint log enabled, so you know. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]