Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Process Lasso / Re: Brand new user - Handbrake question
« Last post by edkiefer on June 19, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
Yes, I seen many with good reports on that HS .
Those temps seem very good for AMD CPU .
On monitoring HWmonitor is small app, no install app that works good (there are many HW monitors ).
Process Lasso / Re: Brand new user - Handbrake question
« Last post by bertie97 on June 19, 2014, 03:02:08 PM »
Thanks for looking around Ed - been too tied up to get back to this til now.

As a follow up to my earlier posts:
The heat issues when running handbrake obviously become more critical in warm weather.  So I had to rob the piggy bank & start looking for a 3rd party cooler.  This is the first time in more than a decade of AMD use that I have needed to ditch the stock HSF.
I did my research on Frostytech & found that the Zalman CNPS10X performa is rated pretty highly & yet was available for under $40 inc S&H.  It fits nicely in the space in my tower, it is supposed to be a bit smaller than many of the big tower coolers & certainly weighs less. 

It arrived today & I got to fitting it.  No problems with the install, everything you need is incudled & despite being the first backplate transplant I've done it went smoothly.
The lump itself is surprisingly quiet even without CnQ active.

The lowdown on Temps (I'm just using the monitor software that came with the mobo, hopefully it isn't too far off) -
Before -
idle / browsing etc = ambient +15 - 20C
full load on all cores = ambient + <50C
--it got too much so I used PL to disable cores to bring it below the danger level.  BIOS fan setting on 'Turbo', no CnQ.
After -
idle / browsing etc = ambient +5 - 7C
full load on all cores = ambient +30C
--is as high as I've got it so far - it's being thrashed on all cores by handbrake right now (PL reports 99% load) & after 50+ mins it's peaked @ ambient + <30C
& to make it even more of a challenge BIOS fan setting on 'Standard' & CnQ is active.

It isn't even spiking as I start up multiple apps whilst Handbrake is working.  As soon as HB stops the temp rapidly drops.
So far I'm very pleased - a good product & great $ per watt ratio.  8)
It certainly gets my recommendation.
Process Lasso / Re: Project Lasso not identifying CPU hog
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 19, 2014, 10:25:06 AM »
Check the Main-Manage process of all users, and tick it.
If it is not tick, then it may not seeing the processes. :)
Process Lasso / Project Lasso not identifying CPU hog
« Last post by jcmson23 on June 19, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
I run Playon and Playlater.  Process Lasso will not ideitify PlayOn server or Mediamallserver , Used by PlayOn /Playlater. I believe one or the other is used for different encodes? Playon /playlater run together are capable of  recording streaming video and encoding to MP4 files.  I also use Plex, and it shows the plex media server when running. I have not thoroughly checked it when doing an encode, as it has not been a problem. I also run handbrake, normally limiting it to 2-4 cores of my AMD 6 core Phenom II X6 1100T. I have run all 3 at times in the past, but have been running into more problems. Probably Playon scripts sometimes will work on a site where downloads are faster than real-time, and a 45 min vid may be encoded to a file in 20 mins.

Anyway I want to know why the playonserver, which is probably transcoding does not show up in P Lasso. In task manager now it is at 41% on a real time transcode. has been much more.

Thanks in advance
 JH

PL 6.8.0.4
Yes, as there are only 1 people maintaining and supporting bitsum, so I think, he should be very busy now.
And sorry for telling you that you might need to wait longer... :)

No problem, i understand :) thanks you !!
Question:

Hi, I sent an translated file to support@bitsum.com a week ago and i still do not have answer, is this normal ?
please. tell me. thanks

Yes, as there are only 1 people maintaining and supporting bitsum, so I think, he should be very busy now.
And sorry for telling you that you might need to wait longer... :)
This can be a long post....

So far, unload the tabs will never having the same effect as restart, just like Windows.
But it may improved after “Compacting Generational GC”  is supported, and it(the bug) has been silent, as there are too much for Mozilla to care about.
https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/2014/03/31/generational-gc-has-landed/
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=650161

For unload idle tabs while also removing it from cache, someone said that you can do this by setting browser.sessionhistory.max_entries to 0, or at least 1-5 for reducing the cache without completely turn off it.
----
With Nightly, you can try using e10s, but remind that it is still buggy.

As default, it should be all tabs in 1 process, but you can change it to each tab per process by changing the dom.ipc.processCount to max.
But remember that this will making it more buggy than the default design, so I will not suggest to playing with it.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis

And for reducing the memory usage, you can also try not using adblock plus, but using the other adblock that using Proxy/software(Ad Muncher, for example), not addons.
https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/2014/05/14/adblock-pluss-effect-on-firefoxs-memory-usage/
Question:

Hi, I sent an translated file to support@bitsum.com a week ago and i still do not have answer, is this normal ?
please. tell me. thanks
Unload the idle tabs did helps the CPU Usage, but it don't helps Memory Usage as Firefox will cache the data for reopen it back faster.
So if your slow down is caused by the GC(which is depend on Memory Usage, more Memory Usage=slower), I think you can only get a fast CPU and RAM to speed up the GC process, or just restart Firefox to unload the tabs, with "Don’t load tabs until selected" ticked, and using Restartless to restart. :)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/restartless-restart/

So just to clarify -- unloading tabs won't be the same effect as restarting Firefox (with "don't load tabs")?

Would it be possible to unload idle tabs while also removing it from cache (but without having to restart Firefox)?
Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso Pro and Intel Management Engine
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 17, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
Yup, and some people that having sleep issues with ME can know the solution too. ;)
And yes, Intel may try detect the firmware version before install the driver, so it prevent the issues.

Anyways, I am using MEI driver version 10.x without the software installed, and also don't update the firmware, which means that ME is also not enabled for me too, I guess. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10