Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General / Re: Multi-OS boot manager
« Last post by bertie97 on August 02, 2016, 07:23:15 AM »
I am kinda leaning towards giving BootIt a try, unfortunately current $ rates make it a bit expensive as I don't want the imaging etc that is now in the package 'on offer'.

I doubt that I have enough HW for a bunch of VMs esp if I ever load up games :)
I think that as a ultimate work solution it is probably best tho.  Maybe when I upgrade my HW next, I'll aim to go the VM route & get more RAM than usual etc.

OT
So far I don't like the win10 network & app function embedding esp with the new batch of ransomware doing the rounds. 
I've seen 2 systems completely screwed & no way to recover without paying up or wiping.  Clearly there are still a lot of backdoors & workarounds that just aren't being covered. 
CryptoDrop  sounds like it might help...
Virtualization seems like a better solution with a VM just for the internet etc.  But W10 doesn't like stuff like a virtual desktop apparently :(
I am out, my 360安全卫士 don't not compatible with Windows Defender and any Malware Byte software, it will causing dead lock to the I/O, I am very sure it will do the same to MBAR. ::)

And the new Windows 10 1607 will be out after 24hours too, so it will hard to know if there is any issues with Win 10 1607. ;)
As the v9 alpha branch accelerates, I need a volunteer afflicted by this problem to install Process Lasso v9 alpha. Now, it looks pretty much the same right now, but there are internal changes we are testing. This user would then report when/if the issue is resolved.

As a reminder to all affected users, in the interim, you can keep the GUI closed, letting the core engine do the real work, only opening the GUI when you need to reconfigure or check the status. Simply keeping the GUI minimized may help in many cases, as it enters a pseudo-sleep mode.

Thanks to any who consider!

EDIT: After writing this, I see chris365 volunteered a while back. You in?
Other Product Releases / Re: μProBalance Development
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 01, 2016, 09:25:50 AM »
v0.0.1.2:
+ Add negative response to manual update check (none avail)
+ Expand ProBalance settings dialog to have a bunch of micro-tweak settings
+ More refinement
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 30, 2016, 11:18:21 AM »
0.0.1.1:
+ Fixed manual update check issues (again, restart to get a good update check in prior builds) - should be good now, though still don't present a negative response. (will get to that next)
+ Fixed some signing issues
+ Optimized packaging
+ Other misc

NEW PENDING:
- System tray icon enhancements (beyond previous plans)
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 28, 2016, 11:34:11 PM »
0.0.0.9:
+ New application icons (thanks to Ed Kiefer!) - still integrating.
+ Fixed updater manual checks (though it still will be silent if no update found). In prior builds, the updater will work if you re-launch µProBalance and wait a few seconds.
+ Added 'Close governor too?' prompt when exiting ProBalance
+ Removed some unnecessary modules from distro
+ Assortment of other fixes and improvements

KNOWN ERRATA AND A FEW ITEMS ON TODO LIST:
- 'ProBalance Insights' may have unpredictable behavior when running along-side Lasso - listing some items, while Process Lasso lists others. It depends on which Governor is running. This is getting resolved in updates to all branches coming soon.
- No negative response to user on manual update check.
- Main control dialog needs created
- Improvements to system tray icons
Process Lasso / Re: Origin gaming mode
« Last post by chris635 on July 28, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
Its cool...take your time. I was curious if it was on your radar to set up origin like steam is for processlasso. My setup for it works fine. Looking forward to version 9!
Feature Requests / Re: Menu delay
« Last post by edkiefer on July 28, 2016, 04:29:16 PM »
Jeremy, He want the menu in options to not close each time you make a change, right now each change means each time opening menu option.

I forgot about this post as I was thinking how could something be implemented.
General / Re: Multi-OS boot manager
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 28, 2016, 04:11:26 PM »
Dual-boot is always a pain. I don't know what I'd recommend, but usually it's the lowest common denominator. For instance, if Linux requires GRUB, and it supports NT, then you use GRUB. Or vice-versa for Windows. I really don't know as it's virtual machine land over here (4 constantly running), I haven't dual-booted in years.
Process Lasso / Re: Origin gaming mode
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on July 28, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »
Sorry I did not answer sooner. Where does the time go?

You can add origin to the list of game processes, or that path, but as for the treatment of it's children, that's a mod I need to work on.

I will just add better Origin auto-support I think. I'm putting it on the list now. As I get to it, I'll reply again.

I do have a lot going on. Remember - if you need a response, go for tier 1 support systems, I check those several times a day. I guess I'm just too worn out after all that to visit the forum as much as I should. I am training someone to help with support part time to take some of that load off.

Anyway, uProBalance and Process Lasso v9 are both pending (limited access early alpha builds available). I'll have this mod in both ASAP.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10