Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General / Re: Multi-OS boot manager
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 12, 2016, 11:12:10 AM »
Yeh, right now most Dx12 games are ports from Xbox, not ground up dx12/vulkan for PC.
Yup, I even can't run the free DX12 games (Forza Motorshort 6: Apex(Beta)), it just hang on the loading screen...

I think both those low level API will help low to mid range CPU even more, you can see it now with dx12, but you don't see it mentioned much as the combo is low end CPU with high end GPU, were this shows the most.
Not a realistic user system really.
It should help every game, unless the dev using it incorrectly, or the bottleneck is on the GPU.

It is talking about low range CPU because most laptop has dual-core i3 and i5, for example, I am playing Planetside 2(DX9), and it is getting 90% cpu usage because of dual-core.
By reducing overhead for DX12, then it should improve the performance a lot higher than 4 core CPU, unless the game can using 90% of 4 core CPU too, or the bottleneck is the game are just waiting respond from DX api without doing anything(means it block the main thread and any other threads).;)

They also supported you to use AMD and Nvidia graphic card together by rendering half of the screen, but it is a bit bad as it depend on the complex of the half of the screen that you assign to the graphic card.

So if you assign complex part of rendering to weak graphic card, but simple part of rendering to strong graphic card, then it will just getting blocked by the weak graphic.
Then, it will depend on the optimization of the dev to fix(workaround) this issues, or the multi-gpu rendering is still a issues even you has used DX12. :)
PS: Someone that having a lot of knowledge and better than me said something about this. :D
« Last post by edkiefer on August 11, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »
Yup, the feature is a lot, but it is unstable for new feature, so it is indeed beta. ;)
At least the old feature is not broken, and the IE has added some new feature from Edge too. :D
Yup, no flash, no issues. ::)
Ya, the max quality is unstable, it is there because that's artist want to show you how they designed their game, and that's how it should be look like, but you will feel a lot stutter if your CPU is not strong enough. :)

This should be change a lot after many games start supporting DX12, and, using it correctly. 8)
Yeh, right now most Dx12 games are ports from Xbox, not ground up dx12/vulkan for PC.
I think both those low level API will help low to mid range CPU even more, you can see it now with dx12, but you don't see it mentioned much as the combo is low end CPU with high end GPU, were this shows the most.
Not a realistic user system really.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on August 11, 2016, 04:23:37 AM »
Yup, the feature is a lot, but it is unstable for new feature, so it is indeed beta. ;)
At least the old feature is not broken, and the IE has added some new feature from Edge too. :D

I don't use Edge at all, for maybe last ditch backup (use IE11 more), I have not noticed any timer requests.
Yup, no flash, no issues. ::)

I never run max settings, I find in many games ultra doesn't give any HQ that I would notice while I am moving around, so I don't set things up for best quality more usable quality, at least what a 970 can handle at 1600x1200.
Ya, the max quality is unstable, it is there because that's artist want to show you how they designed their game, and that's how it should be look like, but you will feel a lot stutter if your CPU is not strong enough. :)

This should be change a lot after many games start supporting DX12, and, using it correctly. 8)
Feature Requests / Re: ini files
« Last post by edkiefer on August 10, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »
Ok, Great.
Other Product Releases / Re: μProBalance Development Alpha Stage Releases
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 10, 2016, 04:57:38 PM »
IMPORTANT:

64-bit users of ProBalance that installed versions 0.0.1.5 or earlier need to uninstall (or delete) the errant 32-bit installation of ProBalance. There may or may not be two listings in the Add/Remove Programs area. You should delete the folder "C:\program files (x86)\Process Lasso", that is where the 32-bit edition resides. This is early alpha, so it's not unreasonable to request that affected users do this 'reset', else you are going to end up with a nonfunctional dual-install. However, apologies for the trouble. I tried to clean it up automatically, I always do in cases like this!
Feature Requests / Re: ini files
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 10, 2016, 03:55:43 PM »
I think profiles will work out really well and have planned for them internally here. It won't be as complicated as it might seem at first too, or so I imagine ;)
Process Lasso Releases / Process Lasso v8.9.8.40 Released
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 10, 2016, 03:43:42 PM »
Process Lasso v8.9.8.40

Changes:

8.9.8.40FixResourcesMinor fix to resources; some v9 resources had found their way into the v8 repository.
8.9.8.40ChangeLocalizationUpdated languages from latest v9 alpha branch snapshots.

Full revision history

For Windows
32-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/prolasso.zip
64-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/prolasso64.zip

For Windows Server Editions
32-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/server/prolasso.zip
64-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/server/prolasso64.zip

Revision History
Other Product Releases / Re: μProBalance Development Alpha Stage Releases
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 09, 2016, 11:49:49 PM »
0.0.1.9:
+ Latest app icons from Ed Kiefer
+ 64-bit installs that had previously been down-graded to 32-bit should self-repair, but if not - it's an alpha, so reinstall (over-top)
+ Fix accidental typo on page where I listed 0.0.1.9
+ Other mods
« Last post by edkiefer on August 09, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »
I don't use Edge at all, for maybe last ditch backup (use IE11 more), I have not noticed any timer requests.
I am on 1607 with latest updates.

As far as gems goes on my end I have not noticed any changes going back to win7, Overall I have had good luck with gaming, smooth play for most part.
I never run max settings, I find in many games ultra doesn't give any HQ that I would notice while I am moving around, so I don't set things up for best quality more usable quality, at least what a 970 can handle at 1600x1200.

Win10 so far to me feels beta, but no show stoppers, thats best i can describe it.

As for dual boot, I do it old school through bios if i need to run other OS.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10