Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Process Lasso Releases / Process Lasso v8.9.8.44 Released
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 30, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »
Process Lasso v8.9.8.44

This fixes an edge issue we've had reported from time to time. It can be caused by a couple scenarios, but basically a 'ghost' process is listed in the Process Lasso GUI, having no other attributes. Once the fault was identified in the v9 branch, we verified the fix, back-ported the code, tested the back-port, and here are releasing v8.9.8.44. It's a simple change really, and very intuitive and hard to 'go wrong', but one can never be over-confident.

Changes:

8.9.8.44FixCoreFix for rare 'ghost process instances' back-ported from v9 working dev branch
8.9.8.44ChangeLocalizationUpdate German (note: languages aren't getting updates in the v8 branch unless requestd)

For Windows
32-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/prolasso.zip
64-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/prolasso64.zip

For Windows Server Editions
32-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/server/prolasso.zip
64-bit: https://bitsum.com/files/server/prolasso64.zip

Revision History
Tips and Tweaks / Re: Skype on Win 10 chews at cpu
« Last post by edkiefer on August 29, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »
Every once in a while, Skype (which i never use) on Win 10 spikes up the cpu.

"End Process" doesn't seem to work to stop it, so i'm wondering how or if Process Lasso can do something about it?
Which Skype is this, built in one with win10 or stand-alone one?
Tips and Tweaks / Skype on Win 10 chews at cpu
« Last post by danielson on August 29, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »
Every once in a while, Skype (which i never use) on Win 10 spikes up the cpu.

"End Process" doesn't seem to work to stop it, so i'm wondering how or if Process Lasso can do something about it?
Bug Reports / Re: Configure default I/O priorities has a wildcard path match issue
« Last post by edkiefer on August 28, 2016, 01:41:46 PM »
I got distracted on this one, I did take quick look and because in I/O priority there not easy path additive (add button).
I meant to recheck afterwards.

Anyway, I can confirm real paths don't work in both priorities and I/O, you need just exe name.
Its in Goggledocs now.
Bug Reports / Re: Track - Suspended Processes Handling
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 28, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »
If possible, and if you are willing and generous, can you please evaluate the current v8 beta and confirm behavior is all as expected?

Thank you.
Feature Requests / Re: Menu delay
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 28, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »
LOL, so sorry my friend. It's just the way Windows menus work. Still, I'll always keep trying to improve usability.
Bug Reports / Re: Configure default I/O priorities is broken
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 28, 2016, 12:11:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I assume Ed documented this and forgot to reply here. I will be on this ASAP!
Feature Requests / Re: Menu delay
« Last post by bem on August 26, 2016, 01:02:43 PM »
 :-\   Next you'll tell me it won't make coffee.

Small price for such usefulness.  What's computing without a little repetition......
Bug Reports / Re: Visual Studio Lag
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 25, 2016, 10:03:39 PM »
Sorry I didn't get to chime in here sooner since I am the one who is also a developer and actually uses Visual Studio daily ;).

During builds is when ProBalance shines. You can do a multi-threaded build of a large project and it will handle all those msbuild.exe, link.exe, etc.. instances that might inhibit responsiveness. The difference is night and day, really. With ProBalance, the PC performs alright (though devenv.exe may be laggy as always, see next sentence).

The GUI of Visual Studio itself is just naturally laggy due to the IntelliSense, which is both amazing and frustrating at the same time ;p. I can't do much about that.
Process Lasso / Re: I/O priority silent change
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 25, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »
An application got I/O priority lowered from normal to low during runtime and I couldn't find that event from logs, what can cause this? I searched with the file name, found other events but nothing about lowering I/O priority  :'(.

Usually this happens because the program was launched by the Task Scheduler and inherits it's low I/O priority. Alternatively, the program (or something else) changed the priority, but probably it is the first scenario ;). So, no change may of happened, it may have started that way - but these changes are indeed not logged in any event, as one can only log so much.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10