"He want the menu in options to not close each time you make a change,"

Yeah, what he said!   ;)
For Audiophiles / Re: Process Lasso for PC Audio
« Last post by Tak on August 16, 2016, 10:51:44 AM »
Thanks!
For Audiophiles / Re: Process Lasso for PC Audio
« Last post by edkiefer on August 16, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »
Hello,
I'm trying out the Process Lasso with Fidelizer Pro on a Windows 10, Single PC Setup. So far, there is no conflict between the two and they seem to work well. I have also followed a suggestion not to apply Fidelizer's "Process core resource assignment for multi-core optimizations". 

In my setting, I have enabled 1.ProBalance, 2.SmartTrim and 3.Gaming mode. Do you suggest any other settings for Audio? or this would be enough.

When I look at the Windows Task Manager, I see both Process Lasso User Interface and Process Lasso Process Manager.
My understanding is only Process Lasso Process Manager is needed for optimization, correct?
In this case, how can I disable the GUI? (I can end task in Task Manager but is there another way to do it?)

I'm new to this game so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
First you should read the guide, as may give more info.

https://bitsum.com/process-lasso-audiophiles-guide/

PL for most part works good right out of box, it will dynamically make adjustments on its won to priorities.
On the GUI, you only need the process "Processgovenor.exe running for optimiation to work (GUI is for manual adjustments and checking things, log viewing etc).
To close just GUI, you can use the option in tray icon and don't close the gov ("Shut down PL") and then chose no to next option in pop up window.

You can also setup PL to always start with core governor only process by using options>general setting>reconfigure the way PL starts.
Process Lasso / Re: RFC - uProBalance Stand Alone
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 16, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
I also notices that uProBalance settings have more fine tuning than PL's ProBalance. Would PL ProBalance be updated to this or is that by design?

These are part of Lasso v9, and there will actually be more controls added - simpler ones (an aggressiveness slider) shortly.

I am hoping that I can create enough additional value in uProBalance itself to *also* be used as a *compliment* to Process Lasso Pro, but the areas in which that additional value will be expressed are not yet precisely defined. Maybe superior reporting.

For Audiophiles / Process Lasso for PC Audio
« Last post by Tak on August 16, 2016, 09:27:52 AM »
Hello,
I'm trying out the Process Lasso with Fidelizer Pro on a Windows 10, Single PC Setup. So far, there is no conflict between the two and they seem to work well. I have also followed a suggestion not to apply Fidelizer's "Process core resource assignment for multi-core optimizations". 

In my setting, I have enabled 1.ProBalance, 2.SmartTrim and 3.Gaming mode. Do you suggest any other settings for Audio? or this would be enough.

When I look at the Windows Task Manager, I see both Process Lasso User Interface and Process Lasso Process Manager.
My understanding is only Process Lasso Process Manager is needed for optimization, correct?
In this case, how can I disable the GUI? (I can end task in Task Manager but is there another way to do it?)

I'm new to this game so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

« Last post by edkiefer on August 16, 2016, 06:54:20 AM »
The way I see it right now, uProbalance takes the core Probalance module and puts it in a slimmed down app.
uProbalance gets you fast easy access to Insight and logs w/o having or needing GUI loaded of PL.

uProblance is "focused" on the Problance core of PL but w/o all the added features of the GUI gives you in PL.

Now these comments may change as its in Alpha state and changing daily.
Jermey will give better description of product, this is just what I see testing it now.
« Last post by Hotrod on August 16, 2016, 12:18:38 AM »
I have been following the dialogue hoping for some insight into what exactly this animal IS and IS NOT. More description of it's purpose and function would be helpful. For example: When/why would I want to run this alone/with PL/ or PL alone? What benefits and or repercussions would each scenario have? Are there any specific scenarios where each would be more or less desirable? If it just does what probalance does, why would I need it? So far all descriptions have seemed a bit vague. I have not tried it yet because I just simply don't really know what it does or is used for. Provide us some clarity and you may find more testers come out of the woodwork. That said, I know it must be something great since JC doesn't spend his valuable time on just anything that pops up. I am looking forward to being sold on this as well as I was when I first laid eyes on Process Lasso. I can't imagine a day without it now.  8)
« Last post by Turion on August 15, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »
I think the name and icon is great. Installation was a breeze.

I'm running it along-side PL and noticed that the settings in uProBalance update PL ProBalance settings too. Cool.

I also notices that uProBalance settings have more fine tuning than PL's ProBalance. Would PL ProBalance be updated to this or is that by design?

As you said, it's just a small part of PL for those users who don't want all the bells and whistles. Just install and forget!  8)

Nice work!
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 15, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »
Note that debate or suggestions on the application name are also acceptable.

Again, it is intended to be *both* a stand-alone rendition of ProBalance, or an extension to Process Lasso, which I mention as that is a factor in choosing a name.

There *will* be some benefits to using this along-side Process Lasso, FWIW. I will be going through these as development continues. So, it will be kind of like an optional 'turbo-charger'.

Please feel free to be honest.
Process Lasso / RFC - uProBalance Stand Alone
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on August 15, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
https://bitsum.com/uprobalance/

Request For Comments.

Can run stand-alone, *or* right along-side Process Lasso.

Current state: ALPHA

It will go BETA soon, so I wanted to get community feedback, and am not sure many have even noticed this utility yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10