Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
General / Re: Forum log in
« Last post by parkd1 on June 21, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »
Wooot!!!!! So Far So good The last changes you did Seem To Work. I did notice on the home page it does not sale login any more when our logged in. Now I get logged out. So far I am logged into both. I closed Firefox a few time just to make sure I was still logged in to forums and so far it is keeping me logged in. Thank you very much for fixing this. :)
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 20, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »
I just made a few more adjustments, so you'll likely be forcefully logged out now - but maybe the situation gets better. I just don't have time to dig into this bridge, more important things to do and such. Still, hopefully I'll get there eventually.
Feature Requests / Re: Window 10 metro/built-in app.
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 20, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »
I agree, this is a good suggestion. As with most things, it's a matter of getting it done, but I'll absolutely keep it in mind. I don't want to publicly say more, but there is one thing I hope to implement that will make such distinctions important.
Feature Requests / Re: Window 10 metro/built-in app.
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 20, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
Talking about Metro apps, I found that if the Edge browser hang, my mouse cursor just went under them.
And the gsmarena website has the effect that will made the graphic driver unstable, and draw a effect that will over anything and showing on the screen, but you can't screenshot it. ;D

Anyways, back to topic.
-----
Ya, maybe also showing their Titlebar name too?

For example, Facebook and Messenger are using "WinUAPEntry.exe" as their name, I really... they also bundle a unstable Webkit engine with them too. :P
« Last post by BenYeeHua on June 20, 2016, 12:49:31 PM »
Well, I don't closed the Bitsum tab, it just unloaded in my Nightly, so I never got log out issues, unless the servers auto-kick if 30 minutes no activity from the client, or Mozilla bite the cookies again. ;D
Feature Requests / Window 10 metro/built-in app.
« Last post by edkiefer on June 20, 2016, 07:08:05 AM »
Now that I have been using win10 a while, it might be good idea to "mark" the built in ones so there easy to find in list.
I found out few things on these as there very dynamic ,but they also are not to troubling in having them run as most times they go to suspend mode.
One easy way to do this is just use there path (C:\Windows\SystemApps\xxxxxx ) and mybe put a (metro app) text marker after these app.

I also read that reason and how they load has to do with them getting loaded into prefetch/super-fetch .

Also mark it properly in status column running>suspended.
And last it might be a good option to not show metro/suspended apps as they can run for a reason depending on your system (updates, notifications, etc).
Process Lasso / Re: How do I know if Process Lasso is working?
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 20, 2016, 06:27:52 AM »
And don't forget the CPUEater Demo -- https://bitsum.com/how-probalance-works/ . While ProBalance is only one of many Process Lasso features, it is one that is easy to demonstrate in synthetic and real-world tests.
Process Lasso / Re: Compatibility update
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 20, 2016, 06:25:01 AM »
Ed, that is a great, accurate, and well-composed response. I have nothing to add. Thank you.

FWIW, I migrated my 'heavy I/O' drives to SSDs some while back, so there is extensive testing there. But no matter how fast your SSDs, it doesn't make your CPU any faster. In fact, the increased rate of I/O may increase the rate of CPU utilization.

Process Lasso, and it's many algorithms and functions, remains as efficacious and necessary as ever.
This issue is being investigated, at least here if not at MB.

The presumed issue is that Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, an experimental distinct offering from their main security product), injects hooks all over the system, resulting in what appears to be excessive CPU use by Process Lasso - though really it comes from their hooks.

We are tracking this down and I'm doing what I can. I have not heard from their developers yet, which may save me some time.

Until a resolution by MalwareBytes, or a work-around by Bitsum, I recommend:

First, if you aren't seeing massive CPU use, then you aren't affected! So, relax, congrats ;). We've yet to reproduce it, so definitely not everyone is affected.

• Try disabling logging
  • Try disabling Process Icons in the View Menu
  • Set the ProcessLasso.exe GUI to start manually. There won't be a system tray icon, but the core engine (ProcessGovernor.exe) will keep running and managing processes in the background. You can then open the Process Lasso GUI when you need to check status or reconfigure the product.
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 20, 2016, 06:17:34 AM »
Ok, now this issue is driving *me* nuts. I use Social Login to make login quicker/easier, but I'll do what I can to finally resolve it.

Until then, I recommend everyone use social logins, which are possible at the main site and here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10