Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Thats really not bad, you have to consider you have graph open and refresh set to 500ms.

I bet if you closed graph, close PL GUI to tray and set refresh to 1sec it be bleow1%

You could check with PE, so keeping PL closed to tray.

FWIW, I run mine at 2000ms (2 sec) refresh, you really don't need GUI that high, only thing you lose is slight graph update speed, now the GOV you might want to 500ms.

Lets see what Jeremy says as he is in communication with them and knows this better than me :)

I get the same thing even when refresh is set to default.
I agree with you. I expected to see MBARW use 3% cpu cycles and not the processlasso.exe. I don't know, it's over my head...LOL ;D
Thats really not bad, you have to consider you have graph open and refresh set to 500ms.

I bet if you closed graph, close PL GUI to tray and set refresh to 1sec it be bleow1%

You could check with PE, so keeping PL closed to tray.

FWIW, I run mine at 2000ms (2 sec) refresh, you really don't need GUI that high, only thing you lose is slight graph update speed, now the GOV you might want to 500ms.

Lets see what Jeremy says as he is in communication with them and knows this better than me :)
Feature Requests / Re: ini files
« Last post by edkiefer on June 26, 2016, 12:04:43 PM »
right, he asking for a profile launcher/manager , same user login but when X process runs change/user xx.ini.

Intel (of all companies) started similar type support for OC, where you set each app to xx clocks.
While, first glance this sounds interesting but in real life I really wonder.

I mean you can't have different clocks really for each process when you got like 80 running.

Anyway, back on topic :)
General / Re: Forum log in
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 26, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
Then one is the way you have it set and when I log in I can one day and week up to forever. Will this miss up what you have set?

No, that's just the cookie TTL, choose whatever you want, I just set a large default (maybe too big).
General / Re: Forum log in
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 26, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »
Because I am working on the v9 alpha branch mostly (releasing new build of that today).

Also - importantly - the present v8 build is very stable and doesn't need any major updates (which are for v9). All the recent minor updates have been back-ports from v9.

I've been busy doing a lot of other things too, like completing this massive change of our web infrastructure, but I don't reckon you are asking for an audit of my time ;).
Feature Requests / Re: ini files
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on June 26, 2016, 11:38:02 AM »
There are command line switches for both the GUI and Governor that tell that instance to use a specific config folder (must be a folder), '/ConfigFile=c:\wherever'. 

See This document for full Process Lasso command line switches

However, what you probably really need is Profile support, and that is coming... I will keep this request in mind and try to ensure it's covered.
Yes, I hear what your saying but, there has to be overhead for any realtime scanning A/V software.

One reason I generally don't run anything with live scanning mode (other than default defender now).

I do use MBM but w/o scanning, I just run it maybe 1 every week or 2.

I agree with you. I expected to see MBARW use 3% cpu cycles and not the processlasso.exe. I don't know, it's over my head...LOL ;D
Yes, I hear what your saying but, there has to be overhead for any realtime scanning A/V software.

One reason I generally don't run anything with live scanning mode (other than default defender now).

I do use MBM but w/o scanning, I just run it maybe 1 every week or 2.
ok, Chris, thanks for testing, I think wait now and that amount of cpu usage is not high, as org poster of the issue had extreme high usage (90-100%).
That was on a laptop I think it was a TOSHIBA with Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz and 4gigs of ram.

My old laptop I was using it on was a TOSHIBA Satellite with and AMD processor. Like you said, cpu usage isn't as high as org poster, but I don't think it should keep processlass.exe pegged at 3% constantly either, especially when nothing else does.
ok, Chris, thanks for testing, I think wait now and that amount of cpu usage is not high, as org poster of the issue had extreme high usage (90-100%).
That was on a laptop I think it was a TOSHIBA with Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz and 4gigs of ram.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10