Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Process Lasso / Re: Disable Logs / Limit Size
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:54:59 PM »
I would advise not worrying with it. It isn't going to make any real difference. The overhead is nearly immeasurable and low-priority.

BUT, it is in the 'Options / Log Settings'. Apparently there is a little bug where disabling ALL logging doesn't completely disable logging, I'm working on that. However, individual log entry types may be turned off. For instance, you could turn off process creation/exit logging, which account for a majority of log entries.
Process Lasso / Disable Logs / Limit Size
« Last post by aleksandr on July 05, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
It is taking way too long to figure out how to do this via google search and help docs. In the manual.pdf I am told "You can disable it to save a little more system resources." but there's no indication of how to do this.

How do I disable logs or limit the number of logs?
BugTrack / Re: Default power profile not being restored
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation Ed!

I am slowly simplifying the product.

I will have news about stuff I've been working on some time soon. I can't say anything else for now.
BugTrack / Re: unable to disable logging in Process Lasso 6.8.0.4
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »
Thanks guys, I am working on this.

BenYeeHua is right, after years of incremental maintenance, we had a bit of feature creep happen. With all these features, the chances of any one, or combination of features, malfunctioning increases. Particularly non-default settings. This is a good example of such an error.

The good news is that it's non-critical.
BugTrack / Re: Cosmetic issue - Registration Status
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »
This is an area I'm still working on.

In the most recent version, I removed the 'licensed to' static control in the About Box until I complete work in this area.

If the product is NOT licensed, you will definitely notice though - there are 'Activate', 'Buy now', etc.. controls and menu items that aren't visible when licensed.
Process Lasso / Re: History Shows Despite Being Unchecked
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:43:01 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to get this in the next update.
Process Lasso / Re: Energy Saver Configuration Problem
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
Let me double check this and make sure it's functioning as expected. I'll get back to you shortly.
Process Lasso / Re: Newer Versions Causing 100% CPU Use
« Last post by support on July 05, 2014, 06:41:43 PM »
Yes, licensed users can download *any* older version in our Support area. Going all the way back ....

As for the problem, that's pretty bizarre. I haven't had similar reports, and can't imagine what recent change would have caused this behavior.

Did you reset the config to defaults? Maybe it is some interoperability issue... I would love more data on this.
Process Lasso / Newer Versions Causing 100% CPU Use
« Last post by graybeard47 on July 05, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
I have a low end laptop with only a Celeron 900 cpu that is mostly used for internet search. When I started to use the free version of Process Lasso some 5 years ago, it definetely helped. However, about September/2013 it was updated & has played havac locking my cpu use to 100%. I have tried the updated versions to date and nothing has changed,  always uninstalling it and the runaway cpu drops way down.

I can not find any of the "5" versions still loadable off of the internet. If it shows as one, it always ends up being the most current version. Does Bitsum have an archieve that an older version can be accessed for download?????

thank you
Process Lasso / Energy Saver Configuration Problem
« Last post by chris635 on July 05, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
Hey Guys,

Have my power profiles set to activate high performance when gaming and back to balanced when I am not gaming (works great!). However when I set the energy saver option and check disable when a game or media play disable, it still reverts to power saver (I have this set to power save after my system is idle for 720 seconds). I think it must be operator error. I do I set this up?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10